• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another NyPro Project

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Welded.the bung for the Afr sensor and painted the tubes.

Made a new bracket for the fuel pressure regulator.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Made a "hanger" to reduce the forces on the manifold.

Measured and cut the oil return line, i had to add some washers on top to get some more clearance from the turbo housing.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Looking good! With one of my tanks I had problems with the fuel pickups flipping forward and getting stuck straight up in the air. Might be a good idea to make that long center hose more rigid some how

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Thanks !
Are you making any progress ?
The hoses i use are pretty stiff, but if it becomes a problem i will look into it.

Looking good! With one of my tanks I had problems with the fuel pickups flipping forward and getting stuck straight up in the air. Might be a good idea to make that long center hose more rigid some how

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Made some brackets for the intake manifold, reused the rubber grommets from the stock air box.

then i had to get a longer oil feed line, i had to route the oil line from the behind because of the wastegate rod.

And my "Cobra elbow" arrived.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I see, Well get back to the build now i want to read about it :face-icon-small-hap

Not as much as you are!
Kinda went to the back burner when my rails got delayed

I had to grind down the V-band flange on the intake side on the turbo to be able to install the Cobra elbow.

Last edited:
S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Made a bracket to get a second mount to the muffler.

Installed some hoses added coolant some gas and started it for the first time with the turbo

I have to buy the Mcx ecu now and im thinking of a dyno run.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Took a ride to McXpress and got the Gen5 box and a TCV and some other stuff, excellent service from Erik he took time to help me even when he had closed the shop for vacation, he even made me a base map for the Rising rate FPR (a bit different than a stock Nytro)

Found a Place to install the box.

And the TCV.

A short clip of a start (Before i installed the MCX Parts).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nj9mPIRNeQ

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Removed the intake manifold and installed a Connector for boost pressure to the fuel pressure regulator and did the final welding of the brackets

Wrapped the Cables, the final weight of all Cables removed is 910 grams or 2lbs.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Got my 300 kg (660 lbs) crane scale today, 30 bucks with shipping from China.
I hope i dont max it out :)

Tried it by lifting the rear bumper, looks like it works.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Removed the "hump" in the lower side plastic and replaced it with a straight sheet of alu. (the chain case is lower on the Pro), i also did a hole so i can drain the chaincase without removing the plastic, i will use a rubber grommet there.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I modified my throttle block, it had the wrong angle for the Yamaha lever, and made i a bit Heavy to pull and at full throttle i had a 1/2" gap to the bar.

Welded some material to it and drilled and tapped after measuring on the stock throttle block

Result.

Made a new "hanger" for the turbo since the rubber bushing got to hot and became soft on the first i built.

Added some extra brackets to mount the lower side panels

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I was not able to get a Dyno run earlier than 3 weeks from now so i decided to start on the tunnel build.
Started by cutting the coolers apart since my tunnel is about a inch wider than a Pro ride.

The first problem was that my sheet is 1,5mm and Polaris seems to be using closer to 1,3mm probably some wierd inch measurement ;)
So i had to make the groove for the sheet bigger i tried some different options but came up with using a 1,5 mm drill as a "mill", it took its time but worked.

Here is the difference in width.

the gap in the cooler cross over tube.

Overview.

This sucks !!
I copied the Pro ride sheet but made it wider, but on the Polaris the sheet is shorter than the coolers and i want it the same lenght.
I could make a small plate to fill the gap but i will make a new sheet 31mm longer since i have material for it.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Drained the coolant and removed the skid.

Tunnel removed.

Made the sheet flat.

Tunnel without Burandt boards.
39,24 lbs for you who dont get Kg:s :)

Removed the front reinforcement plates from the tunnel, i will remove some material from them

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I have decided to make the Dynorun next week anyways, so i will install my old tunnel temporary just to make it easier to transport.
Cut a small piece to the cross over tube.

Then i welded it in Place and added a reinforcement that will double as an extra attachement for the tunnel skin.
I had to grind the welds because the sheet is right on top of the tube.
Pressure tested all welds and they where ok.

I also got my 6,4 mm rivets for the tunnel since the holes in the coolers are a bit big for the standard 4,8 mm rivets

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I had to move the inlet on the right cooler a bit forward to be able to get the gastank more forward.

pressure testing the welds.

installed the top tunnel skin.

Premium Features