• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did everyone make it through the Wyoming accident?

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
Did everyone make it through? I was thinking about heading West for the Snowies on Thrus afternoon, but made the decision not to. Looks like I would have had to find another way in had I gone. I did see on video a white truck with a black enclosed made it through as it was happening. Someone we know?

I

icecoled007

Nov 20, 2014
Did everyone make it through? I was thinking about heading West for the Snowies on Thrus afternoon, but made the decision not to. Looks like I would have had to find another way in had I gone. I did see on video a white truck with a black enclosed made it through as it was happening. Someone we know?

I saw that truck and trailer go in one video and then they came out the other side in a different video....

Looks like they were real lucky they made it....

Going in @ 1:05 https://youtu.be/IxlvxvG8zOE?t=1m6s

Coming out @ :22 https://youtu.be/i975P28WMNM?t=22s

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
holly cow that is huge. what a helpless feeling for those already stopped RIP in to those that didn't come out of that.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Lots of bad driving going on there.
Looks like truck drivers down there don't use their CB radios.
I hope no one was hurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
there was 2 different accidents, I drove by the the one west of the snowies last weekend and it still looks like a war zone. Twisted, bent, burned up metal. Tractor trailer frames, engines, and wheels was about all there was left. Scary stuff. Eric

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Wow, I had heard about this and seen a video on the news but I had no idea there were so many videos out there. Makes you think twice about driving in those conditions.

When you find yourself in whiteout conditions, it is scary because you want to go slow but not so slow as to have other traffic rear end you.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We had one like that in Michigan this year on i-94 between detriot and chicago. Mad national news. What made it worse there was a trator trailer hauling large fireworks and they all went off. Crazy.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
After years of trailering 10-20,000 miles a year in bad winter weather conditions and being in white out conditions or black ice conditions when your taking up all the space on the interstate between the ditches trying to recover your trailer thats trying to pass you......the scariest situation I have been in was pulling my enclosed trailer with 10,00lbs in it and hitting a dust/dirt storm. It turned as black as night and you didnt know if you were going to hit something stopped in front of you or get drilled from behind. Very scary and lasted several miles. Eric

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
After years of trailering 10-20,000 miles a year in bad winter weather conditions and being in white out conditions or black ice conditions when your taking up all the space on the interstate between the ditches trying to recover your trailer thats trying to pass you......the scariest situation I have been in was pulling my enclosed trailer with 10,00lbs in it and hitting a dust/dirt storm. It turned as black as night and you didnt know if you were going to hit something stopped in front of you or get drilled from behind. Very scary and lasted several miles. Eric

Got caught in one of those dust storms last year, not fun!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I saw that truck and trailer go in one video and then they came out the other side in a different video....

Looks like they were real lucky they made it....

Going in @ 1:05 https://youtu.be/IxlvxvG8zOE?t=1m6s

Coming out @ :22 https://youtu.be/i975P28WMNM?t=22s

That's really good work on the before and after cuts you put together from the two vids.

Who ever that dude was in the white Ford and black trailer, he did way better than winning the lottery. He crawled in after the wrecks started in front of him, made it out the other side with the wrecks really piling up immediately behind him - if he had stopped and stayed put, anywhere after coming up on the mess in front of him, there's no way he would not have been wrecked from the rear. Other vids out there on utube after the wrecks stopped show what was complete carnage where he passed through. What a sequence. He made it through, and just as easily, could have driven into a fireball.

Premium Features