• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Togwotee Snow Conditions

T
Sep 1, 2014
Coming off an 09 XP 154 it's like upgrading to an F16 Fighter Jet. It snowed most of Saturday and through the night, so we got into some exceptional snow on the East facing slopes Sunday, nearly 18" + of fresh. With a longer track and a bigger lug I was taking lines I could never do on the XP. Biggest difference is sidehiling, you don't have to manhandle the sled to keep a line, it does all the work for you!

Thanks for the review I'm coming off a 11 freeride so I thinking it will be noticeable difference.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Whos the fortune teller? There going to be any decent riding this weekend? Looks like hot temps all week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Whos the fortune teller? There going to be any decent riding this weekend? Looks like hot temps all week...

They have around 3-4ft on the ground now, they have only hit 33* twice in the last week and the next 5 days look to be in the 31-35* range. You can still find good powder but you have to be careful. The next snow system looks to start Friday night, hopefully that gets us back into the pattern of cold and snowy.

Eric

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
They have around 3-4ft on the ground now, they have only hit 33* twice in the last week and the next 5 days look to be in the 31-35* range. You can still find good powder but you have to be careful. The next snow system looks to start Friday night, hopefully that gets us back into the pattern of cold and snowy.

Eric

Thanks for the report, much appreciated. Ill keep an eye on the weather and pray for snow.

C
Aug 29, 2012
A group of us are heading out to togwotee lodge next week tuesday. Reading some of these threads makes a guy nervous driving 14 hours to hopefully not go thru a arms like toilet paper. I see there's a little snow in the forecast this weekend. Anyone have an info on the conditions from this last weekend? Heard there was some possible rain but I'm hoping I'm wrong

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Rained in the valley...Tog was alright.. I rode all day sunday. It was a fun day exploring some off trail connections ive been wanting to try and figure out...but definitely gotta be careful. Its not like a powder field out there! . .i wont drive the 1 hour back up there to ride again until it gets a lot more snow, and there isnt much in the forecast for a while. But i do have the luxury of being able to ride many other areas much closer while waiting for the snow to fall

C
Aug 29, 2012
Thanks for the info.. I was afraid of that. We are staying in dubois and planned on riding from tog lodge. Maybe you have some pointers on where there are better conditions in the area? I see there's a little In the forecast for this weekend but who knows how much. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Stay high. Up on the divide...go towards Brooks lake area as well probably. Basically i would just stay in the higher elevations as best you can for best snow conditions. All the open fields were pretty well wind swept over..we found the best stuff that we could in the trees and small basins that the wind couldnt wipe over. Hopefully saturday will put down more than they are calling for...ya never know.. the weather out here changes on a dime

C
Aug 29, 2012
Ok great. Thanks for the info. We are just hoping it's not a day long search just to find snow and beat in our sleds to death in the mean time. One more question... is the lodge the best spot to launch from or is there a better spot to maybe get to that better snow? Uve been a big help thanks alot

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
A lot of groups park along the highway just after the pass. Puts you right where you need to be if you don't need services.

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
There are multiple turn outs for vehicles as you head up the mountain.
Usually the higher up you go the better the snow is, with that said you also
need to know the area your ridding in to get to the best snow, so
that may not always be true.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Anyone going to be riding in Tog between now and Xmas? My usual riding buddies can't get out and I need to get some miles on the new supercharger kit. If your leaving from the Midwest and have room for 1 more that would be great, but I can just throw the sled in the truck, drive out myself and meet up. Would like to get in at least two or three days of riding. I have been to several avy classes and have all the gear and know how to use it. Been to Tog several time and know my way around pretty good.

Send me a PM or you can text me at seven6three-5eight7-3four1five.

Last edited:
Premium Features