• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Snowy Range snow conditions

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO

Here's a few. My 15 yo daughter went with me, and this is only the 3rd time on a sled. She's getting the hang of it, but she definitely has the bug! Conditions were great for her to learn a little more balance and throttle control. Carving is addictive!

Parking lot was so full when we left at 2 pm that trucks/trailers were parked way passed the normal area. Took the road to a single lane for a good 1/4 mile. Glad we showed up when we did at 9 so we still had a decent parking spot.

Hope the person that broke their leg up there is doing ok. Heard they got their foot caught in the toe hold while trying to avoid a tree well and the sled rolled into it, pulling his leg over. Don't know much else about it, but the ambulance left just after we did.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

Last edited:

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Sunday was an awesome day up there! We definitely tore up any untouched powder that was found. No pics but I do have video when I get a chance to do something with it. I hope the injured guy has a speedy recovery. We rode out behind them on U.

lostinblackhills

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2009
Rapid City SD
lost electronics

Found a spot locator around 330 today on the trail by green rock parking lot. Give me a call so I can get it back to the right person. thanks. JT 605-391-0797

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Anything forecasted? I got my buddies talked into going about 24 hours TOO LATE for last weekend so now we're eagerly watching the forecast.

" " "I got a post hole digger too. Whats that have to do with the weather?!" " "

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Anything forecasted? I got my buddies talked into going about 24 hours TOO LATE for last weekend so now we're eagerly watching the forecast.

" " "I got a post hole digger too. Whats that have to do with the weather?!" " "
Same here. Had all intentions of being out last weekend then 80 closed. There is snow in forecast. Hard to tell how much tho.

sschulz

Premium Member
Mar 21, 2012
Iowa
We drove 11 hours to Snowies last weekend and the pass between Cheyenne and Laramie was closed on I80. You can take Hwy 25 from Cheyenne down to Ft. Collins and Hwy 287 back up to Laramie. Its only 1 hour more than going over the pass.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I was out Monday. The base was warm/soft with about 4" new (wet) on top. Did a few snowboard laps on Lake Marie hill then the smaller couloir above the lake. Good spring conditions, but the pow was gone.

20150427_161426.jpg

OffOrWFO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Fort Collins, Co
Was also up on Thursday. Ole you must have been the only other rig up there. Rode out of green rock. Things melted noticeably during the day. Looks to me like there is only one or two days left before you have to snow bash up toward the switchbacks to unload. Wydot dropped off the first piece of equip to open the pass. Good snow still. Soft and fun for spring snow. Still fun to side hill in the back side trees. Beats working or couch surfing so get on up there.

DSC00363.jpg DSC00364.jpg DSC00377.jpg DSC00379.jpg

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I understand conditions are spring hard stuff but, I'm just looking for a few break in miles. Where is everyone unloading now? Can you still make it to the back side of Widow and beyond? Thx.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I understand conditions are spring hard stuff but, I'm just looking for a few break in miles. Where is everyone unloading now? Can you still make it to the back side of Widow and beyond? Thx.

WyDot has started plowing 130. From what I've heard they are to lake Marie on the west side.

There is 2+ in the trees at the west gate..

Sorry I don't know any more.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Looks like my last hurrah will be this weekend up in the Snowies. Does anyone know if there's enough room to pull off at the Brooklyn Lake road before the gate? I assume the road closed signs are still down at the lodge?

Premium Features