• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies ride groups

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Not that I know of. Seems like it could work. Similar to a pick-up basketball game. If something like this got started I think it might work.

Options might be:

- show up at the Laramie west McDonald's at 7:45 am
Or
- meet at greenrock outhouse at 9am
Or
- someone could maintain an email list and email everyone with the weekend ride plans and ride styles of those going
Or
- Facebook
Or
Some combination of or all of these options. I am sure there are other options too.

I like the email list idea. I would be willing to create this and email updates each week regarding upcoming rides or people wanting to ride.

I would envision such a list would contain name, number, make model, experience level, preferred ride style, etc.

Anyone interested?

raptobob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Idaho
I think something like this would be good thing. I would guess there are more like me that don't have some one to ride with but want to go or people not knowing the area. Needs to be visible to all to get participation. Maybe a poll of upcoming rides that you could sign up on? Skill level might be hard to judge but terrain preferance would be an option. I would ride with anyone that rides smart and keeps track of the group.

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
Come to think of it, Facebook might be the best.

Someone with some good pics could start a "Snowies Ridegroup" group, open it up to public. Anyone can post and see posts, and if you join it, the posts should come up on your facebook page as they come up. Profiles are on there, so you've got an idea of who you'd be riding with.

The same could be done for the more popular locations like Tog, Cooke, BigHorns, etc.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
There is a group on Facebook called colorado snowmobile group. Maybe you have to be a member to see everything. That would give an idea where to start if someone wants to create a Facebook acct.

Right now I can create an email list and send an email each week regarding upcoming weekends and who might be interested. The emails could also include the brief profiles of those that are interested in going. We can migrate towards using another medium as time progresses and someone gets something else going.?

Last edited:

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I would ride with anyone that rides smart and keeps track of the group.

Thanks Clayton, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Todd & I need to get back out there and ride. Do the snow dance.:face-icon-small-ton

raptobob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Idaho
Thanks Clayton, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Todd & I need to get back out there and ride. Do the snow dance.:face-icon-small-ton

Snow dance is not working....:face-icon-small-fro Only thing that seems to consistently work is if I sell my sled :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features