• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vohk Turbo opinion

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
I am considering buying a 2013 pro that is already set up with a vohk intercooled boondocker. I am wondering how many of you guys are running a vohk setup and if you have ever had any bog issues? My main concern is reliability as we drive 12+ hours to ride, I don't want a sled that wont run. I have heard a lot of good thing about them , but just want the opinion of a few guys that are running them on pro's.

Thanks in advance

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
If all you want to do is pull the rope and have a sled that rips all year go to VOHK.... Like said above you won't find anyone that can build them better

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
thanks guys

Thanks for all the responses guys, I think i am going to pull the trigger and buy a vohk sled. I am looking at a 2013 with a gt2860 intercooled system here in a couple days, sled has 750 miles all boosted. Anything i should look at specifically pertaining to the turbo?. I am new to the turbo world, and wondering what to check before i spend the money?

Thanks

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
I'd call AMS and ask them. If they built the sled they'd have the build history and know what kind of work has been done on it. Don't be afraid to spend some money having them go through it if it'd make you feel better. It's a big investment and there can be lots of things to look for.

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Ha i wish, I am guessing Eric's sled is a little outta my price range. I have called AMS quite few times and tried to talk to Eric, but he is always busy. If i was closer i would love to take it to them and have them go through it before the season. I have talked to Eric a few times shortly through Facebook, and got a little background info on the sled.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Turbos

If you do buy the sled I would install a new fuel filter and check the reeds. We sell a few boondocker kits a year and always work awesome but about 1000 miles they should have a few things looked over.

If you have any questions you can pm me

Premium Features