• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharged Pro

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
So does anyone know how many grams a turbo pro pulls at say 8500 feet or higher?

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Hmmm... This sounds very interesting be cool if pics were posted and some vids of it running!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I was with terry in togwotee when the speedwerx sleds were demoed. Will the SC sleds keep up with a high boost turbo? Not likely, but as we saw in the Jackson dash for cash it is possible. I was at the starting line at the targhee hill climb and can honestly say I have never seen a turbo other than an apex or m1200 w turbo that was as fast as Curtis sled. It must have been some insane boost numbers.

What I can say is that if you are a tree rider more than a top end chute climber, the speedwerx deserves a serious look. The bottom end is insane, I compare it to a 1150 cutler motor. We actually became a dealer for them we were so impressed, and should be able to have a cat kit on the snow in a couple weeks. Not sure on when the pro kit will be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So you guys that have rode them make it sound like they have more bottom end, off idle snap, then stock?? Is this possible? Is the Procharger making boost at clutch engagement? If so how much?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I think they are already making a pound or two of boost at idle so there is more power than stock even at belt engagement. The reviews by the guys in the cat section claim the powerband is smooth like stock, just way more power everywhere.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
That's exactly what is happening. They are making about 1 lb at engagement. A superchargers boost is directly related through the pulley ratio to the engine rpm, due to it being driven by the crankshaft. The advantage is that the low end has zero lag, and it is a linear boost equation all the way to full rpm. The other advantage I a supercharger is that there is no hot side like a turbo, which means intake air temp will be lower and much more consistent. Think about the temp of a turbos housings after just starting it to a long 15 min tree ride. The sc will get warm, but will get warm, but has no exhaust running through it to super heat it

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
That's exactly what is happening. They are making about 1 lb at engagement. A superchargers boost is directly related through the pulley ratio to the engine rpm, due to it being driven by the crankshaft. The advantage is that the low end has zero lag, and it is a linear boost equation all the way to full rpm. The other advantage I a supercharger is that there is no hot side like a turbo, which means intake air temp will be lower and much more consistent. Think about the temp of a turbos housings after just starting it to a long 15 min tree ride. The sc will get warm, but will get warm, but has no exhaust running through it to super heat it

But supercharger compressors are almost always less efficient than modern turbocharger compressor wheels. So that doesn't necessarily mean that your intake temps are going to be lower.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sooo who's gonna man up and do a RKT 858 BB supercharger next year:face-icon-small-hap

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
There any pics of this setup on a Pro yet?... Hope they have one at Haydays to look at

Premium Features