• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo Kit-Aerocharger/Bully Dog upgrade questions

T
Jul 22, 2014
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am looking to possible purchase a 2014 pro rmk with the silber kit. The kit had the oil pump crap out (like many others) and destroyed the bearings in the turbo. The owner said silber was going to cut him a deal on bearings/new oil pump. I have an old aerocharger etec kit I took off of my 2011 before it sold.

My question is will I be able to use my aerocharger 66 turbo on the silber kit? and will it work well?

My second question is about the kit/tuner. I believe this is the 2013 kit as the owner said there is secondary injectors and uses a dobek controller. How much better is the 2014 kit with the bullydog tuner and 2 injectors? Would it be worth upgrading to the bullydog tuner with this kit? and if so how much money would I be looking at to upgrade?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Not sure about the aerocharger on the silber kit but last year I upgraded my silber kit to the bullydog and I love it. True pull and go and ran 10 pounds of boost all season and didn't have one issue. Pulls hard and easy to predict the power when coming on to the throttle. No bog when stabbing throttle and then off and on again. Have yet to hit det. And I ran. 20 l of av with pump 91. Upgrade kit hear in Edmonton canada ran me 1500

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Silber has real good deals on new KPA billet centers with or without the need for an oil pump. Then you won't have to change some of the plumbing to eliminate the bov or mount the aero. Also I'm not sure that aero is designed to run in the same position as the kpa. Horizontal vs vertical. More over you would need to custom build an exhaust pipe.

Probably be better off going with the new center

It can be done but I'm not sure aero will be able to help with tuneing being its not their controller. And silber probably can't help since they don't deal with aero. You'll be on your own

Last edited:
Premium Features