• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any axys silber kits on the snow yet?

D

d-rail76

Dec 27, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Had my Silber turbo axys out on the weekend for the first time was my first experience with a turbo 2 stroked was a blast! The sled ran great all weekend runs just like a stock sled till you get into the boost it pulls really hard at 7psi that's plenty enough power for me. It was a long wait to get this all done but well worth it in the end. If Silber would work on there customer service better they would have a unbeatable combo.

Crazyj700

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2012
You should be seeing a lot more speed than that. Stock sleds are pulling in that area. Something sounds wrong

I think it might be a speedo Calibration issue. My shock 163x3" axys was only getting 30 to 33 mph track speed. Turbo brought me up to 45- 48 mph track speed. Ground speed is fast.
All of my stock 800 cats In The past would pull 45 mph track speed stock but they don't even come close to how my axys feels at 45 mph track speed.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I think it might be a speedo Calibration issue. My shock 163x3" axys was only getting 30 to 33 mph track speed. Turbo brought me up to 45- 48 mph track speed. Ground speed is fast.
All of my stock 800 cats In The past would pull 45 mph track speed stock but they don't even come close to how my axys feels at 45 mph track speed.

Yeah, track speed is such a highly variable part of the equation. If the delta between ground speed and track speed is high then your are (obviously) spinning the track more. If that delta is low, the vehicle is actually moving at that speed which may result in lower track speeds even though the sled is putting out more power.

Now question my speedo is fine and sled pulling (far) harder than stock. Just ask my forearms... ha.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You should be seeing a lot more speed than that. Stock sleds are pulling in that area. Something sounds wrong

You should wake up. 46mph stock track speed? Keep dteamin' and stop bs'in.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
You should wake up. 46mph stock track speed? Keep dteamin' and stop bs'in.

What are you saying exactly? Guys are claiming mid 40s on another thread with N/A Axys. My first Pro a 2011 was pulling 36 37 MPH when it was new. I would have to think a Axys would have to pull into the low 40s. So boosted at 45 to 46 MPH is pretty low. IMO. What does your turbo sled pull for MPH?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You said stock track speed was in the 46mph area. I called you a liar.
Now if you meant turbo track speed is in the 46mph area that's a different story. Unfortunately, that is not what you typed.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
You said stock track speed was in the 46mph area. I called you a liar.
Now if you meant turbo track speed is in the 46mph area that's a different story. Unfortunately, that is not what you typed.
Read what I said. If you are only seeing 46 MPH on a boosted Axys , that is not good... Obviously I'm confusing you with what was said by others, on another thread about stock track speeds on the Axys. Read the thread he revised his 45 MPH to 55 MPH.

Premium Features