• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo issues help!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Have a 2016 Axys with the Boondocker sidekick kit on it no other mods.

Sled has been running awesome all year and today it started acting like it wasn't building up hardly any boost. The blowoff wasn't sounding the same it sounded as if steam was just being released if that makes sense not how it typically sounds. The turbo itself was extremely hot snow would Melt off instantly. Engine temps were around 120-125 all day. Any ideas? We looked at everything on the mountain and everything seems in place but maybe something came lose? We're going to tear into it Monday. It was so bad it almost seemed like my buddies stock sled was doing better and it would sometimes just bog and die down and I'd almost get stuck going up a little hill.

Last edited:
K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Are you using the stock pipe? If so, you could have split a seam, but not be able to see it due to the heat shield and insulation. Air box to TB connections is also a typical culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Found out the airbox is cracked. Called Boondocker and they're covering it under warranty and shipping it to me tomorrow.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Where did it crack?? That surprises me after just installing one they look like a legit piece

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have a couple buddies that are awesome fab guys. I don't remember how it was worded, but the seams were done wrong. There is another way to make them stronger.

There is no a reason I knew it was the air box with out looking at it.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah

Looks like not the best weld. Kind of a bummer this happened with only about 300 miles on this setup, but kuddos to Boondocker for getting him one ASAP so he doesn't loose any time on the snow. I'll get it thrown on tonight and see how she runs! This kit is awesome, sled runs insanely strong.

Premium Features