• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 800 pro /Silber turbo need some help

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
That's the old owner, I've only rode it across the grass in the back of the property, first ride is friday

Report back after the first ride, it could be a number or different types of bogs, my sled always bogs if i pin it right off the bat after starting it, I need to give it 10 seconds or so. Not sure if the box takes some time to start it loads with fuel or what

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
Report back after the first ride, it could be a number or different types of bogs, my sled always bogs if i pin it right off the bat after starting it, I need to give it 10 seconds or so. Not sure if the box takes some time to start it loads with fuel or what

it has a lag on take off but afr was good, had 1600-1700 afrs at crusing about 1/4 - 1/2 throttle full throttle was good for as little as i got to see it,what do i adjust for the lean spot?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
it has a lag on take off but afr was good, had 1600-1700 afrs at crusing about 1/4 - 1/2 throttle full throttle was good for as little as i got to see it,what do i adjust for the lean spot?

Id aim more for 15 at cruising, my sled is running like 13-15 at cruising and is clean and SAFE.

Does it bog when you jab the throttle quick? When you slowly roll onto it? Is it every time or just when you first start the sled? Without us actually being there and riding the sled we need all the info possible to help.

Also have you tried watching your fuel controller and what light are popping up during the bog?

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
Id aim more for 15 at cruising, my sled is running like 13-15 at cruising and is clean and SAFE.

Does it bog when you jab the throttle quick? When you slowly roll onto it? Is it every time or just when you first start the sled? Without us actually being there and riding the sled we need all the info possible to help.

Also have you tried watching your fuel controller and what light are popping up during the bog?
So the fellow that I got it from located it to far away from the other guages , so I relocated them last night ,made a bracket that all 3 are together now and in clear sight ,not really my choice spot( attached to the handle bars) but was the easiest fix. as far as the bog it felt more like it was loading up,specially if it was running at lower rpm for any time , and at the end of the day by the trucks getting ready to load up I think it fowled a plug , I order 2 but both looked real wet, I had to pull the turbo to get at the recoil last night as the rope wont go back in and got caught on something and put a cut in the rope, looks like i need to take a couple of motor mounts loose just to get at the lower bolts and to lift the motor to clear the frame??not a great design

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
I think the lowest the kit would go is 5 pounds or so but i do remember that one full turn was supposed to be a pound of boost. Make sure you run a boost gauge to get it figured out i think the 8 pounds is about perfect myself thats what i usually ran, I did do 12 sometimes when we were climbing but again i had to have AV gas and tune.[/Qhow does the boost dial work? if i screw it all the way clock wise untill it stops and then scew it counter clock wise a full turn ,that would be around that 7 or 8 of boost????

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
how does the boost dial work? if i screw it all the way clock wise untill it stops and then scew it counter clock wise a full turn ,that would be around that 7 or 8 of boost????

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Screwed all the way in and you will be at your wasegate set spring pressure.

It takes about 4 complete turns out to achieve one pound increase.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
so Im having a too much fuel problem at Idle to 3500 rpm, if I go to one green light on the controller runs better but on 1/4 throttle it want to be lean I'm seeing 1600-1700 on the afr wot is 1250 , any suggestion on what to adjusy to stop the blurbing at take off and lower afr temps at 1/4

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
so Im having a too much fuel problem at Idle to 3500 rpm, if I go to one green light on the controller runs better but on 1/4 throttle it want to be lean I'm seeing 1600-1700 on the afr wot is 1250 , any suggestion on what to adjusy to stop the blurbing at take off and lower afr temps at 1/4

Unfortunately you are never going to be able to eliminate completely your areas of concern. There are major limitations with piggyback controllers that prevented us from making them as crisp as they are today.Honestly there is no comparison between the older kits and the reflash kits. If your sled is a 13 we offer a reflash update kit otherwise you can PM me and ill set you up with my numbers for the kit but realize it won't compare to the new ones and will always have a lean spot cruising on the trail.

Premium Features