• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gloves

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I love my TNA Storms. Bottom line is that any glove sucks if they get wet. IMO the best plan is to have 2 pairs of gloves that you like along with somewhere under the hood to stuff one pair when they get wet and soggy so they can dry out and wear the other pair of gloves. I've rode in temps well below zero with my TNA gloves and as long as they not wet, I'm not cold. I've never seen a pair of gloves that are worth a crap when they're wet, then they usually freeze after that.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Mine have been VERY durable, had Klim and RUOutside that fell apart, not a stitch loose or visible palm wear on the TNA's....2nd season on them too.

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
Ive got both the TNA gaulent glove and Kilm Tog gloves and love them both. Trail riding here back in NY the TNA gloves can get cold if its below 20 or so and were clipping at a good speed for a while... But are great when riding out in WY. Lightweight and allow good finger movement, kinda like wearing a mechanix glove...
The Tog gloves are great in both riding areas. They are a bit bulkier than the TNA gloves but usually not an issue...

B

blackcat900

Nov 26, 2007
Chelan WA.
I wear snap-on super cuff work gloves , bring two pair ,1 for the way up and 1 for the way home unless weather is nice than 1 set will do.

Bottom line is that any glove sucks if they get wet. IMO the best plan is to have 2 pairs of gloves that you like along with somewhere under the hood to stuff one pair when they get wet and soggy so they can dry out and wear the other pair of gloves.

I've never seen a pair of gloves that are worth a crap when they're wet, then they usually freeze after that.

Good advice, and so true. I've found the Castle X line of gloves work really well for me. Also carry a pair of Cabelos Thermolite glove liners for the really cold days.

R

RideCo

Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins, Co
All season with 2 pairs of TNA's. I ride Snowy Range, Buff Pass, Gould, Vail, etc. Those things are sweet as long as they're dry.

Last edited:
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I ride everywhere from the plains of South Dakota(ditchbanging in WET snow), to the Black Hills(semi wet snow), Snowies, Big Horns, West Yellowstone, and hopefully more places next year. My hands have always been warm in my TNA gloves as long as they're dry. Which goes back to my original statement that every glove that I've seen sucks when they're wet.

My TNA gloves have held up great, no ripped seams, good grip, comfortable, and they fit my fingers right(many gloves don't seem to).

G
Nov 21, 2007
Utah
I use your basic farm supply store insulated White Ridge or White Stagg. Way cheap $14 a pair, put some sno seal on throughout the winter good to go- ALso carry a back up pair of basic gortex ski gloves ( for diggin out others)
Grandpa

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I guess it's kind of redneck but I use 2 pairs mechanix gloves, 1 pair insulated, 1 pair uninsulated. With handguards, I've never had a problem with cold hands. Although I've got an older pair of arctic cat gloves for REALLY cold days.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
I have had a hard time finding gloves that will keep my hands warm when it is below zero, last year I picked up a set of Klim gloves at Haydays and they are the best I have found so far. They seem to stay dry in all conditions and after 2 seasons of use durability has not been an issue for me.

I
Dec 5, 2007
Red Deer, AB
On warm days, I use a pair of mechanic gloves, super fit, dry out fast on warm motor, or several sets of inexpensive( cheap) gloves, which you can throw away. On cold days I have a pair of Rema (gortex)gloves warm and dry, although expensive. I stay away from gloves that you pull the lining out to dry, have a pair or too, pain in the a-- to put lining back in. Don't ride much in the -30 crap so tend to use the mechanic gloves more with hand warmers going, Wet hands are definitely a pain, I'd suggest trying several pairs as everyone has different expectations. Also with thin gloves you can work o sled and not freeze hands as fast.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Breckenridge, CO
Work Gloves

I live in Breck too. I prefer to take a couple pair of "work gloves". Like the $12 ones you buy at BBC or whatever. IMO nothing beats a fresh pair other gloves either get to clammy inside (even "breathble" ones). I just like a fresh dry pair after lunch or whatever. And you don't have to worry about hogging up a $80 pair of gloves when your fooling around with the trailer or something greasy.

Premium Features