• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kill switch removal

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
i have a jacobson rollover valve and tether can the whole kill switch and wiring be removed when i install it last year while half way up a climb a branch hit the kill switch:face-icon-small-sho:face:jaw: lucky me could have been really bad

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I have the OFT one, and it came with a loop that you can put in to disable the kill switch. It supposed to be for testing (wink) but I have it installed.

I hate bumping the kill switch in the worst time, so I just rely on the tether. Some people wrap a rubberband around the switch to make it that you have to hold it down to kill it, bumping will just make it stumble and come back on.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
←snow∞motion→;3184801 said:
I have the OFT one, and it came with a loop that you can put in to disable the kill switch. It supposed to be for testing (wink) but I have it installed.

I hate bumping the kill switch in the worst time, so I just rely on the tether.
Is there a Yamaha Rider out there that hasn't done that?:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I run the oft as well, and it has worked flawless. The kill switch disable is a great feature since mine was broke off and wasn't useable anymore.

Sent from my Commando

Premium Features