• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kjcatmaster or other cat techs. EFI ?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
kjcatmaster or other cat techs. EFI ? Finnally running thanks

I have an 02 efi 800. When I went to start it a month ago I could not get any gas to cyclinders. I found that the pump was stuck, got that working now I have pressure to rail but still will not go through injecters. I am going to pull them and bring to a shop to see if they work. Any thing that I am missing? Thanks

Last edited:

Arcticatdan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Newport, WA
when you put power to the pump does the bypass pump back into the tank? If not the smart valves are stuck. The pressure i think should be about 42 to 48lbs. I would have to check for sure.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Your injectors may not be bad, but surely sound plugged. Take the out, put a white sheet of paper on a white table or flat surface and tap the injectors like you were trying to shake debris out of the filtered end. You will probably get a bunch of gunk on the paper. Take a spray nozzle and spray into the injector in the bottom (so it is spraying air backwards of fuel flow) and that will get them cleaned out.

This should get you going.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Finnally running, thanks for the help

Well I pulled the injecters, ran carb cleaner through them, put a current through both while blowing through them also(not an easy thing to do). They seemed to work fine, put them back in, pressurized the line, got one cyclinder hook up, still no gas going through the injecters. So I figure I will just run current thru one to see if that makes any difference. Pull the rope fired right up.

Premium Features