• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bend area snowmobiling next week

I
Nov 26, 2007
I just drove from bend to boise. There was 6" on the ground in a couple of the passes but I wouldn't risk it

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon
Look at BACHELOR SKI AREA snow depths. You literally park across the road. Not bad up there but beware rocks still hiding.

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Just poking for a road ride, nothing too crazy yet... So the sno park is directly across from mt bachelor base area? What's the snow park's name? I've only been once so my memory is a little foggy.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Dutchman snopark. If you want to park there on the weekend you need to be there by 8am at the lastest or you'll be stuck riding whoops out of kapka to get to decent snow.

Already have about 10 days of riding in around the bend/bachelor area, plenty of snow and you can go off trail already.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
Excellent thanks for the info. How is the riding on the south side of the mountain. Looks like some good meadows?

GNXtoWS6

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Tigard, OR
There was 3-4 ft last weekend in that area so still need to be very careful of rocks etc and the base just collapses n some places. Given the warm weather and rain it may be much worse later this week.

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
Bend area riding

I live in the Tacoma WA area. I will be going to Bend to work on the week of Jan 5-9th 2015. I want to ride, if there is snow, the weekend before or the weekend after. I dont know that area and dont know any people to ride with in that area either. Is there decent snow yet anywhere around Bend? I know a lot can change quick to. Let me know, thanks J

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Bend snowmobiling

The base ranges from 2' - 4' hard pack with about a foot and a half of fresh on top in the meadows and 4-6 inches on top of gnarly ice in the trees. They got 5 inches last night and snowing hard today with 10 - 14 inches expected. Lets hope it doesn't turn to rain later today and sunday. This picture was taken last night.

Attachments

• _83A8111.jpg
    _83A8111.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 96
J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Nice!!! Will you guys be riding next weekend? I Have the day after Christmas off and was thinking about traveling down there to finally get a ride in.. Anyone able to show me around???

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
The base ranges from 2' - 4' hard pack with about a foot and a half of fresh on top in the meadows and 4-6 inches on top of gnarly ice in the trees. They got 5 inches last night and snowing hard today with 10 - 14 inches expected. Lets hope it doesn't turn to rain later today and sunday. This picture was taken last night.

^^^^^ MONGOLOIDS

Premium Features