• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger Cold air intake? who has done this and do you have pics?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
yes I see your point.. but you need to also see that your raising your engine water temps by using your coolant to cool down turbo housing, or they using a independent heat exchanger and the other is the extra weight of coolant, pump, airbox and heat exchanger of the w\a... is the twenty extra pounds worth the 10f of cooler charge temp savings

The answer to this problem is simple TSS no holes,uses stock fresh air intakes ,no panel cutting, liquid Cooled KPA turbo, water to air intercooler and the list goes on FYI [/ATTACH]

T

Turbopower

Apr 6, 2008
Two small water lines to the center section of a turbo does not introduce much heat at all to the existing cooling system. It has been do for a very long time on sleds.
But you have to ask you self how does an aerocharger turbine wheel spin around 100,000 rpm (depending on the boost level) on a teaspoon of oil, and no water to the center section (magic lol). To answer that, it don't work very well! They have a very high rate of failure. Any I am not talking out my ***, I speak from running them for over ten years, and building and using turbo's on sled for about 17 yrs.
They were cool in 1997 lol.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
I certainly don't have your experience, but I received the aero kit back in 2011 and have in the 4000 mile range I would guess... I have not seen your concerns yet, but I don't push the turbo over 7 lbs to often, maybe if I was 10 plus that could happen... with 400 kits sold it does not sound like a common problem on the fourms:noidea:

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
The two 1/4" cooling lines won't add much added heat, it far out ways the disadvantage just having a heat barrier to keep bearings cooler as well as keeping the heat soaked exhaust side of the turbo from raising charge temps. The water to air intercooler has its own separate cooling system

L
Sep 10, 2019
cold air intake

I put a cold air intake on my 14 XM with the aero. I will be taking it out of storeage tomorrow and will post pics. You need to use an elbow comparable to this off of the intake compressor to clear the panel. The 4" leg needs to be trimmed down to about an inch from the inside radius. I feel the cold air intake makes a world of difference.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...p&Product_Code=ATP-SIL-241&Category_Code=RUBB

Hey this thread is old as hell and I'm new, ive been searching for a solution to my problem of icing over the intake and running like ****, when you say trim down the leg to 1 inch to fit, what part is that exactly? have any close up pics or anything still?
Thanks.

Premium Features