• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 track on a Pro

R
Sep 20, 2011
Please let us though how it turns out. I'm already geared down as well so I'd like to know if the track will actually work with the stock 8 tooth driver without any issues. Thanks guys

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Please let us though how it turns out. I'm already geared down as well so I'd like to know if the track will actually work with the stock 8 tooth driver without any issues. Thanks guys

Read above.
It was already posted that the track will have more clearance than the x3 with 7 tooth drivers.
Seems to be a lot of good reviews on that combo.

What more do you need?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i will say that i put an axys shaft with 7 tooths and got to ride it today, i really liked the difference.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
nope stock quickdrive and stock 2.4 track. i swapped straight across with guy with an axys that wanted the 8 tooths.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
That's a free gear down. Nice!

You're feeling the stock to geared difference though, not a good way to compare the clearance difference.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i bought a carls cycle clutch setup (they are local). will be installing that this week and riding again on friday

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That's a free gear down. Nice!

You're feeling the stock to geared difference though, not a good way to compare the clearance difference.

If you take the same skid, track, rider, and the same sled and equally compensate the gearing is the only way to measure the performance differential of the driver size change only.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Speaking of the stock 8 tooth drivers for the large hex Aluminum drive shaft; I have a box of them available for those that want to ditch their stock AXYS seven tooth drivers. I removed them to run my 9 tooth drivers, most are new take offs, never run drivers. PM with an offer and your address.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
would you guys say the 2.6 is worth the price tag over the 2.4? I have a hard time thinking .2" would make $1000 difference.
Going from a 2.25 to a 2.5 is a good difference. Not life changing. X3 for life changing. Try to find a new or used take off and sell yours to offset the cost

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
would you guys say the 2.6 is worth the price tag over the 2.4? I have a hard time thinking .2" would make $1000 difference.

There is more to it then just .2, its a different lug design and rubber durometer.
Worth the price? Thats up to you I guess,people spend 1k on a carbon fiber hood just to save a couple pounds and seem to think its worth it. :face-icon-small-con

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
There is more to it then just .2, its a different lug design and rubber durometer.
Worth the price? Thats up to you I guess,people spend 1k on a carbon fiber hood just to save a couple pounds and seem to think its worth it. :face-icon-small-con

This. The .2" will help a little, but it's the lug design and slight weight savings of rotating mass that will make a bigger difference. The 5.1 is still the same design that is now over 15 years old, just taller.

Premium Features