• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll of Pro owners...

what do you think of your new PRO?

• absolutely love it ..best sled ever...

Votes: 510 79.8%
  • verdict is still out..need more time...

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • I need to mod the crap out of it to make it competitive with the other brands...

Votes: 21 3.3%
  • cant stand it..want my old sled back....

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters
R
Jan 6, 2012
North Idaho
Still sittin' in the garage with the first tank of pre-mix. I did have Struthers gut the Walker Evans shock and install fox float pistons and seals, among sonme ohter tweaks that don't blow the warranty. My buddies' dragon sucks with the Walker Evans shocks, so I'm not taking chances. I can't wait, we need some frickn' snow!

Dec 25, 2010
Logan Utah
Love mine

I say best ever. I have over 1300 miles on mine. By far the most fun I have ever had on a snowmobile. The handling is amazing! I think when I appreciate it most is when I jump on one of my buddies sleds, there is simply no comparison. It seems almost effortless to maneuver it seems as though you can take it anywhere and it will go exactly where you tell it to go. I echo what others have said about taking lines I never would have tried before, the sled just gives you confidence, it has made me a much more aggressive and better rider. I have always been aggressive, trying new things but this sled has brought it to a new level. As far as the running board thing brought up above I have a very hard time believing that! I have put my sled through the paces and it's never shown any signs of frailty.

B
May 11, 2010
Love my 12 had an 09 Assault that Assaulted me many times. As a bone stock sl
ed it out handled stock cat and doos that I was riding with. Anything i wanted to do it did and with ease. Can't wait going to west the first of feb.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I have a 2012 163 [ now 174x3 ]

Sled is Freekin awsome !!! No I am not 14 years old .

DnR chain case? And now a turbo? Sheesh! My little 700 is going to need an upgrade.

You selling all the iqs? What about the m1000?

How much better is the pro chassis then the iq, night and day?

B
Dec 12, 2008
since you have been owned a 155 and 163.....how do you compare the two? I own a 163 but am curious how the 155 compares.
I rode both last year in 2 foot of fresh and the 155 had the advantage turning tighter doughnuts when playing in the flat or reversing on a downhill but the 163 had much more floatation when going slow. The 155 seemed more at ease in the air as well. When I was on a deep sidehill with the track washing out I wasn't sure the 155 would be able to take off and go up when I got there, but the 163 has that comfort buffer and I had no doubts with it. once they have about 10 mph under them they will climb within a couple ft of each other and were able to carry speed up hills my 900 rmk (about 520# and 170 HP setup) with a new 2.5 track would trench out on within the first 100 yards.

Trxstr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2012
Love it

Got over 300 miles on mine now, bone stock and kills all other stock sleds. I've got a 163" and I will be bolting on Fox Floats! Silber Turbo Laaaater!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
For me the 155" is easier to handle. I am an average mountain rider at best. I think the more experienced riders depending on there size would like the 163" more.

I think the assaults handle the best in the deep snow as long as you can keep their speed up. I have rode all variants of this chassis now and there is something about hte assault that is just SO much more fun. Maybe it's the wider front end and stiffer shocks, or the harder track that trenches a bit more and pops the front end up.... IDK?

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Had my first ride yesterday after changing from a 2007 Dragon RMK to the Pro and just have one thing to say: OH MY GOD!!
I couldn't believe what a difference it would be to go from IQ to Pro chassi.
I see people complain about dyno results done on the 800, but for all I care the dyno could show 3hp and it would still be the strongest 3hp I've ever tried. The torque in this machine is just sick and the way it handels through the woods is just beyond....everything!
Love it love it love it!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Got over 300 miles on mine now, bone stock and kills all other stock sleds. I've got a 163" and I will be bolting on Fox Floats! Silber Turbo Laaaater!

No, no it doesn't. A turbo sled will kill other stock sleds. A stock vs stock sled will marginally outperform. And this will be a back and forth game at best.

Trxstr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2012
No, no it doesn't. A turbo sled will kill other stock sleds. A stock vs stock sled will marginally outperform. And this will be a back and forth game at best.

Oh excuse me... I was being overzealous... lol You are correct! BUT the sled still rocks! 600 miles and counting :shocked:

Premium Features