• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro RMK idle issues

W
Nov 24, 2012
Regina, SK
Hey all,
I have a 2012 Pro with a boondocker turbo on it and have been having a heck of time getting it to idle properly. It wont idle unless I'm holding the throttle to keep it running. Also at the end of last season it started cutting in and out just off idle until about 4000rpm and would flash an engine light at the same time it was cutting in and out. Once I got past about 4000rpm it ran flawlessly. Last year i recalibrated the tps sensor and is still doing the same thing. Anybody have any thoughts on what it might be? Or has anybody had this issue?
Thanks!

W
Nov 24, 2012
Regina, SK
About 500, the're the vforce 3r reeds. I could see the reeds causing the bad idling but don't think it would cause the engine light to flicker (or could it?). Ill probably end up taking them out to check them but I'm almost thinking that the tps sensor is shot, just thought I'd see other people's opinion before I buy a new one.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
Yes check fual pump draw. I had to replace my fual pump it was drawing 12 amps should only draw 5.5-6 also the tips could have a bad spot in it. Mine did that also would not idle and it would throw the engine light one

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
About 500, the're the vforce 3r reeds. I could see the reeds causing the bad idling but don't think it would cause the engine light to flicker (or could it?). Ill probably end up taking them out to check them but I'm almost thinking that the tps sensor is shot, just thought I'd see other people's opinion before I buy a new one.

TPS or reeds. I know you just checked the reeds, but the VF3's are notorious for causing idling issues in the pros. Seal up to tight and make them rich. Have you pulled any fuel away on your controller?

W
Nov 24, 2012
Regina, SK
TPS or reeds. I know you just checked the reeds, but the VF3's are notorious for causing idling issues in the pros. Seal up to tight and make them rich. Have you pulled any fuel away on your controller?

I've looked into pulling fuel at idle but I'm not sure how to with the boondocker box (Its the older box that's seperate from the ebc). Do you know how to pull fuel at idle with that box?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
had the same problem!!!would not idle ,reset TPS still wont idle ,check fuel pump still wont idle ,check Cable freeplay still wont idle, changed the V-Force-3 reeds out idles 1800 perfect!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! I don't care if they make 3 HP Lost most of a season with this sled! even bought a new ECU and harness!

Premium Features