• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Sidekick, snowcheck

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
May be best off just calling them to get all your questions answered. My understanding is that the Sidekick X can run pump fuel for lower boost settings, but has a switch or option that you can select that allows you to run 10lbs......but would need race fuel. I have never heard anything about the Tial comment. If you are riding lower elevations I think the box automatically compensates and your boost would lower. But like I said, may want to just call them.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Just trying to help out others more than myself.

Seems like when the Silbeliebers get any kind of BD info, they try to twist it so the general consumer thinks the Sidekick will cost way more, is stripped down ect. Just trying to help people get the truth so they can make a educated decision.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You have to run the tial exhaust for lower elevation. A buddy rides his in North Dakota and comes out west. He said he had to have it for lower elevation. His is the only sidekick I have rode and he upgraded to the mta turbo.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I don't fully understand why you would need the Tial. Why wouldnt the EBC be able to turn the boost down on a standard GT. EBC should turn it down to 4lb range.

Again don't know how some are getting away with out the Tial either.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't fully understand why you would need the Tial. Why wouldnt the EBC be able to turn the boost down on a standard GT. EBC should turn it down to 4lb range.

Again don't know how some are getting away with out the Tial either.

The reason we include the external waste gate standard is because in our experience the standard size opening on waste gate housing is not large enough to bypass enough exhaust to run boost levels lower than 5 or 6. Just because you set your boost controller to 3 doesn't mean the system can actually do it.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Yes, I just talked to Pete. He said basically the same thing.

We had ran some internal gates below 3,000 ft at 4lbs before, that's why I was confused. At least that's what the gauge showed. Maybe it wasn't a true measure of boost its been 7-8 years since I have paid much attention to it here.

Premium Features