• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP any tips on removing flywheel on 2003 firecat f7

Hello thanks for any help I'm new to this so please excuse me well I picked up a 2003 firecat f7 and I have no spark so I checked stator and it tests bad so I'm trying to remove the stator and I can't get the flywheel off I bought a puller and It won't budge I was wondering if anyone had any tips can I heat it up or something I watched YouTube videos on it and it should just come off idk what to do I only have $600 in the sled and its in pretty good shape any help will be appreciated thanks

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Get grade 8 bolts, if my memory serves me right you need 6mm X 1.0 but make sure they're grade 8. Then you just gotta tighten that puller till she pops, tighten it up and then give the end of the puller a whack with a hammer. It'll come off like a gunshot.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
No on the hammer

I wouldn't use a hammer with anything anywhere near the crankshaft, as they don't like impacts of any type. If anything use a breaker bar to tighten till pops off, holding the crank at other end if the clutch is still on it:face-icon-small-con.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I wouldn't use a hammer with anything anywhere near the crankshaft, as they don't like impacts of any type. If anything use a breaker bar to tighten till pops off, holding the crank at other end if the clutch is still on it:face-icon-small-con.
^^^^^
no on the hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, the bearings are not going to like it on a side impact the cages are make of a plastic type and will break apart.!!!
use a impact gun the torsional is forgiving and this is the same as rotation. Also leave the main drive on the puller about 1 turn lose this will the the air gun get a "run" at it. works every time.

Premium Features