• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacement snow flap ideas

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
My snowflap broke off and I want to replace it. Not sure I want to go with oem. I have seen a few aftermarket flaps that look like they mount underneath the oem tail light Assy.

Which flaps should I consider? 2010 M8

I know, a lot of you will say to run without it but I would like to replace it with another oem or aftermarket.

Here are a few I was looking at:

http://www.provendesignproducts.com/Pages/Snowflap Logo/snowflap_logo_arcticcat_m_x_09.html

http://mudflaps.com/c-335783-mud-fl...aps-arctic-cat-m-series-x-fire-2009-2011.html

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've got one of those PDP ones and it's rad. It's literally just a sheet of plastic with no indentations/grooves etc. If it starts bending into the track you just lift it once and it bends the other way. I've never even had it go into the track. It just starts to lean that way after a while in the sun, so I bend it out and it stays.

I'm a fan.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I agree, the PDP flaps install in about 10 minutes and they are soft enough to flex a little bit. Plus, the price is right on them.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Well, tell me how long this will last - I already had some abs plastic sheet in the garage so cut it the same shape as the oem and bolted it on. Fits nearly perfect.

Was probably a waste of time but at least now I am fairly sure an aftermarket flap will fit nearly perfect as well.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
No.

You tell US so we can save some money next time. :D

I will let you know. I don't have high hopes it will last that long because a small test piece I put in the vice snapped off when I tried to bend it 90 degrees, but who knows if the flap will see such force. Maybe only when getting really stuck and the way the snow is this year, getting stuck like that is less likely.............

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Good luck.

But yeah, if/when that snaps, I don't think you'll be too disappointed in those PDP ones. Stock sleds should come with those things.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I don't recall if the 09 has the same integrated tail light/flap but I drilled out the 5 rivets and the tail light assembly slides forward and comes right off.

I bought 5 machine screws the next size smaller than 1/4", self locking nuts and 5 flat washers for the backside. I reused the drilled out rivets on the outside just because they were painted black already. I forget the length but can take one out and measure if anyone wants to know.

image.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I put 3,000 miles on my 09 M8 without a flap and only about 50miles on my scratchers during that time. I just drag a foot a little hear and there.

Los frijoles estan muy caliente dijo la mama osa!

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I installed a pdp flap. Looks nice. Haven't ridden it yet. I saw the temp indicator go on a few times without a flap and I never had it go on with the flap. I'd rather not have to be checking for the indicator as much because it is pretty small.

Premium Features