• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best M-series seat

Best seat for the M-series

• Stock Seat

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • Arctic Cat Shorty Seat

Votes: 250 58.0%
  • Boss Highrise Seat

Votes: 102 23.7%
  • Wasatch Recreational Products Mountain Assault Seat

Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Skinz Protective Gear Airframe Seat

Votes: 29 6.7%

• Total voters
T

torchred

Dec 31, 2013
Lost a little bit of storage but I'm tired of hopping over the shorty.

Sorry if I am wrong on this, but you had the Cat 10-11 short seat(mountain seat in the accessory book) prior to this seat?

I am just asking as I was looking at the Cat mountain seat for my 2009 M8 or the WRP seat you just bought and leaning towards the WRP seat as its a wee bit shorter in height. I am 5'-9" so a short ***.

How are they different for comfort and quality? Thanks

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Replaced the Boss with a Skinz, I like the shortness of the seat for switching sides, great bag has clips unhooks quick, good quality all around.

Mods201101-1-1.jpg

Is this Skinz bumper made for a Polaris?

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Torch
Ya I had a 2010 Cat seat. Like I said the storage isn't as good in the WRP but still better than most. The quality seems good so far. The fit towards the fuel tank could have been better but it's fine for most. I'm 5'10" and ride mostly standing up so I really like the fact that its not so tall.

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
shorty seat

I am 6'2" so the AC shorty seat is perfect for me, I had one on my 2006 M7 and now my 2010 that came with it from the factory. Like mentioned earlier I like the storage of this seat. I am liking the looks of the skinz seat and bag though....

Attachments

• misc pictures 007.jpg
    misc pictures 007.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 85

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry if I am wrong on this, but you had the Cat 10-11 short seat(mountain seat in the accessory book) prior to this seat?

I am just asking as I was looking at the Cat mountain seat for my 2009 M8 or the WRP seat you just bought and leaning towards the WRP seat as its a wee bit shorter in height. I am 5'-9" so a short ***.

How are they different for comfort and quality? Thanks

I put that short WRP seat on my 2010. It's so much better than the ac shorty seat. That shorty is not only too tall it's also just too damn wide at the back. It takes up a lot of space to be swinging your legs around.

The quality of the WRP is pretty good. It's not as padded as the AC one so if you want to sit down for miles of trail riding, you'll feel the skeleton of the seat in your a$$ but it's not unbearable. That's obviously not why you buy this seat though.

I'm definitely a fan. I don't trip over my seat anymore when I'm moving all over the place negotiating tight trees. I'm the same height as you and that just got so freakin annoying.

heynagel

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
I love my skinz seat. It's narrow, easier to hop from side to side and with the bag there's tons of storage. It's not the most plush seat out there that's for sure, but i didn't choose it because it had the most padding. I don't sit down other than trail riding out of the parking lot.
77692e47795abb69e68334dae0c1c86d.jpg

Premium Features