• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Bore Pipes

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I have been running a Speedwerx 925 BB pipe for the last 4 years and it has finally started to break down so its time to replace it. I have looked at the Speedwerx pipe again as well as the Jaws single. There is Bikeman and I tried to look up Cutler however I'm not running the HO engine. What are you running and why?

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
One of the issues I have been running into with Speedwerx has been contacting them, at present I have 3 emails to them with no response. I have been a strong supporter of Speedwerx for many years and have been running their produces on all the sleds I've owned during this time.
On the other hand the Jaws pipe has been designed for a 901-925 cc engine while working with Brent Linderman. (originally Brent ran the 901 BB)
For my application I require an O2 sensor as well as EGT bungs installed which Jaws is very willing to do before ceramic coating. On the other hand Speedwerx did install my O2 sensor bung last time.
Price wise from a Canadian point of view at $699. for Speedwerx and $849. for Jaws the Jaws is actually less expensive and comes with a can.
SLP is an 800 pipe, one doesn't run a 700 pipe on an 800 so why run an 800 pipe on a 925.
Good quality options are limited.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I think the Jaws pipe will not work well on the 09 engine bc case volume is different and the small E port compared to the HO cyls. Have you talked to Brent ? He might have a suggestion. I can tell you the twins work great ! Just need to get them wrapped, a little hot.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I talked to Brent yesterday about the Jaws pipes actually, Brent was originally building 901BB and dropping them in the 07-09 with the Jaws pipe combos. I can understand having a heat issue with twins, that's why I'm looking at the single. How do you find the fit and finish of the Jaws pipes?

Premium Features