• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

spare drive belt

N
May 23, 2011
question, as i am new to owning a polaris. buying a 15 pro 800. i have been using gates carbons on my doo the past few years, and am wondering if anyone has any feedback out there on what works well or if poo belts are the way to go... thanks

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
question, as i am new to owning a polaris. buying a 15 pro 800. i have been using gates carbons on my doo the past few years, and am wondering if anyone has any feedback out there on what works well or if poo belts are the way to go... thanks

I plan on trying a gates this winter. Cat belt works well too. Polaris belts are very over priced.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I've found the gates belts will deposit rubber(brown sticky residue) on your sheaves the first time you heat them. The Cat 048 will require a recalibration of your clutching. The Polaris 3211115 is a crap shoot on whether or not it will pull an early cord. I've had the best luck with the Polaris 3211122, it does not deposit rubber when heated, it doesn't require recalibration, has good life when broke in properly and will not blow up or grenade like a superheated 3211080 will sometimes do.

T

Thincan

Apr 26, 2011
what needs to be done to use the Cat 048 belt? or get to most out of it.

Premium Features