• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st Gen M8

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
Well I got the good used diamond drive, flushed, changed oil and it's got the wide bearing, it's good. However, went to take it for a ride and it got 1/2K up the trail and it bogged out & died, had to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start and now it won't rev up and is throwing ECU-06 code for power valve failure. I can watch the servo motor move and the cable's are fine. It won't rev up at all. I'll pull the PV's and clean, then what? anyone have a troublshooting tree?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Check the turbos center section. Take the intake elbow off and get light pointing in to where you can see the fins and stick a finger in there spin it to see it is spinning freely. Look for damage to the fins. Make sure the oil pump is working. Check air intake, charge tube and BOV for obstructions.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
I'll have a look in there. The turbo's spinning free, can hear it on shutdown. I've had the charge tube off, looks fine. What would cause the power valve code to come up, sticky PV's?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Servo, cable or broken or stuck valve pull the valves out a verify there working usually a bad valve your engine will run up to about 6g and then spit and sputter.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Oh and about that 1st gen m thing there is no other m sled the proclimb is nothing like the m .The only reason they started calling the proclimb a m sled is because there sales and overall performance dropped massivly so they had to try to confuse people. well you see what im saying hahaha

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
I know what you mean, guess I couldda titled the thread different.

Well I got the codes to go away today, had it in the shop, I've got to get it on the snow and get the controller tuned, adjusted fuel a bit today and it made a difference, I think it's rich, set up for higher boost. Bit better but still not right.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
what are you running for EGT's? I'm taking this thing out on Friday to tune it up The guy at attitude says EGT's aren't the way to tune a turbo 2S he swears by WB02, but I don't have one on my sled.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
i dont have egts on my sled i do have airfuel and plug color but honestly you cant get the plugs out with out taking the pipe off. i have had the exhaust off everthing looks real good in there so im really just using the afr and seat of the pants feel and sound of the motor. It has always work pretty well for me.
My set up is pretty simple no extra fuel pump no extra oil pump just air fuel and a boost it box well a psi guage but you get my point

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
I'm thinking of doing the same thing, I'll just start a bit rich and jet out of it. It's a PITA getting my pipe off with all the extra springs, but I'll have to do it and check the plugs when I get it close.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
Well, I found a couple problems, tried it out and still bogged and wouldn't rev up, no boost on the gauge. Took the reeds out and found them chipped & cracked, replaced them, checked air boots, look fine. Pulled PV's and cleaned, their good, servo's working, cables are good. Checked boost gauge, it's good, found a small hole in the signal hose, repaired it, fired up and still won't rev past 6K, no boost. Took intake plumbing off to check turbo and found bolt missing in the compressor housing that goes through, don't know how it fell out, hardly any room between housing and turbo oil drain hose, got a new bolt and installed. Then found a barbed fitting that looks like it's for the wastegate hose in the turbo nozzle open, plugged that hole, and now it's revving up, made it to 8200 in the shop and showing boost on gauge now. I'll take it out tomorrow and see if it works.

Premium Features