• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M series foot well mod

M
Feb 20, 2008
La Center, WA
I like the idea of this, but I've got very serious questions about the longevity of this setup with a bigger, or more dynamic rider on it... that L is not nearly as strong as I'd like, I'm curious how long it will hold up. (I already have to re-rivet my boards every season and a 1/2 or so)

These are my reservations also. I used thicker material for the everything for this reason. The L isn't the only thing holding it together. The main piece is made from the same thickness stock and with it being a U-shape has quite a bit of strength on it's own. The outside rail might be an issue at some point and I'll deal with it then.

I'm about 195 fully loaded and don't do a lot of jumping if that helps set the stage. I like being able to get that much farther forward and the freedom from not having a toe box is great. I'm a dirt biker so moving my feet around is natural.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I'm 200 lbs without gear and haven't had a problem yet either. Maybe I'm not a very dynamic rider with my Sally 174. I have to drive very careful so my skirt doesn't get caught in all that track.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
But seriously BCIL, don't you think the footwells on your xm make it a lot better than xp?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
But seriously BCIL, don't you think the footwells on your xm make it a lot better than xp?

You honestly think he can even answer that?

Inside BCIL's head:

XP BAAAAADDD!!!

XM PERFECCCTTT!!!

KILL! SMASH XP!!!!!

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
A buddy had this plastic welder so I used thin strips of the side panels to melt and weld the seams up on my panels. I also was able to use the original mounting boss but you need the the small head screw that has the clip removed.
A little up date for anyone that's interested.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Phone will only load one pic at a time.
Here is the finished panel on and working as the stock set up did.

image.jpg

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
I've been thinking about doing something like this to my 09 M8 turbo. But haven't felt comfortable cutting into that support brace. I like hooks, but I wanna get my foot sideways up into the well for sidehilling and boondocking. I'm thinking I'll leave the hooks and just cut out the vertical piece but I'll have to do some measuring and actually look at it. I've just kinda thought about it, haven't really gotten down and looked hard at it.

Premium Features