• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Primary Clutch

J

James42005

Jul 26, 2011
Waterloo, IA
Looking for a primary clutch for a 2010 M8. Definately not going to pay dealer price. Have found some cheaper options online. Just seeing if anyone has a good avenue or access to a low mileage take-off?? Please throw me some suggestions.

Thanks

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
cat clutch wore out

cat uses a softer aluminum in the building of the clutches. they just don't last as long as some other brands. I looked at having them rebuilt. all the red Loctite in them by the time they are heated up enough to come apart they are not round. takes a lot of torque to tear them apart. I ending up buying 2 new ones. I take better care of this set of clutches and blow them out after every ride with the air compressor. if you don't like the price from your local dealer then wait for some sales. Dealer in rexberg id just had a sale go off that was 20% off list and free shipping. but if you are looking for really cheap I have both off 2010 m8 with 2500 miles on them for 50 bucks plus shipping. some rollers gone. a lot play in them. pick them up at my house and i will sell them for a fifth of captain morgan

J

James42005

Jul 26, 2011
Waterloo, IA
Haha thanks. I think I'm going with new. I was looking on eBay and found one pretty cheap. Its a comet. Anyone gone this route. I'm a little nervous that its the correct clutch though. Comet 219500A? Any one know for sure?

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Clutch

Call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports. She still had some last time I talked to her. I sent mine to Eric @ Racing Station last year, had him go through it and put a billet spider in it and is works flawless. Same price as a new clutch but it works twice as good.

Premium Features