• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo S-36 front suspension

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I do a ton of sledding and skiing off the machine. I run my set up at 38 or the wide over the 36 narrow stance as I have no problem with sidehilling and carving with the wide stance and the wider stance is better for skiing squirrel or tandem..

Norona
Never met you, but I pay a lot of attention to the ski and snowmobile world's, so congrats on the G3 gig and becoming a ski doo ambassador. One more question for you about the sled, trying to buy a house so gonna stick with my 08 xp for now, which is fine because the engine and clutching is fully dialed in. Did you notice a big difference between the 2011/12 sleds new rear shock placement compared to the older xp's set up with the rear sag problem. I am also considering getting tom's rear shock kit which gives my 08the same rear set up as the newer sleds, but not exactly sure if it is really worth my money or not.

T
Dec 9, 2007
Tahoe
Tom's rear suspension is the way to go for shuttle missions, pump it up to handle the weight of 2 riders.
We have tried putting heavier torsion springs on the stock xp, but they still bottom out.
I had Toms rear suspension on my 09, and just put on my 12.

Premium Features