• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 boondoocker turbo kit

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Doing a turbo sled for a customer and just wanted to let ya guys know the 15 kit is awesome. with the oil injection oiling the turbo there is no more tank and it came with tunnel braces that were simple to install. if it runs anything like the previous ones this is gonna be awesome kit

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Sounds just like the MTNTK system. Does the BD kit use a piggyback controller still, or do you download a pre-programed fuel map into the ecu To get proper fueling?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Sounds just like the MTNTK system. Does the BD kit use a piggyback controller still, or do you download a pre-programed fuel map into the ecu To get proper fueling?

Very different from the mountain tek kit

The new boony system just supply's oil to the turbo via the stock injection system. The turbos oil drain is blocked off. The oil is supplied to the turbo and consumed.

Mtn tek routes oil from injection pump THROUGH the turbo then to a injector in the charge tube.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

Piggy back,

Which I love.

Electronic boost control built into the boony box is awesome as well.

Don't like the idea of not being able to adjust anything without a computer on the bully dog / reflash

Good for dealer installed systems though. so their customers can't adjust it. But the bully dog or reflash ain't for everyone.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Yeah but with the 15 kit you get an ECU reflash (aka Bullydog) and Boondockers controller, best of both worlds.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Yeah but with the 15 kit you get an ECU reflash (aka Bullydog) and Boondockers controller, best of both worlds.

Ecm reflash is nothing comparable to bully dog. The reflash is just a ecm programming catered toward a boosted engine instead of stock programming. Doesn't control secondary injectors, ebc, or have any capability of field tuning without computers.

Having the reflash along with the boony box is a sweet set up.

Just completely different then the bully dog.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Ecm reflash is nothing comparable to bully dog. The reflash is just a ecm programming catered toward a boosted engine instead of stock programming. Doesn't control secondary injectors, ebc, or have any capability of field tuning without computers.

Huh? The Bullydog is an ECU Reflash

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Very different from the mountain tek kit

The new boony system just supply's oil to the turbo via the stock injection system. The turbos oil drain is blocked off. The oil is supplied to the turbo and consumed.

Mtn tek routes oil from injection pump THROUGH the turbo then to a injector in the charge tube.

there is no "injector" in the charge tube

Boondocker is using just enough oil to lube the turbo the rest goes just like stock injection.
Mtntk is letting it drain out of the turbocharger then into the compressor wheel where it gets turned to a atomized mist and the air and oil mix is then forced into the reed petals (via pressure not a injector)

I wasn't going to write anything because I don't want this to be a pissing match and boondockers kit will be great to....but the wrong info also shouldn't be posted just wanted to correct it.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I just meant that the oil was Introduced into the charge air. How it's introduced via injector or whatever is irrelevant.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So this bull dog is nothing more than a ecm reflash/fancy gauge? What controls real time adjustments that need to be made i.e: secondary injectors, atmospheric pressure temperature differences?

Yeah more or less, it does not have the capability to control extra injectors they use bigger ones. As far as other adjustments I don't know I would guess same as stock ECM does it.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
So this bull dog is nothing more than a ecm reflash/fancy gauge? What controls real time adjustments that need to be made i.e: secondary injectors, atmospheric pressure temperature differences?

There are no secondary injectors with the Bullydog reflash. They (Silber and MTNTK) use larger than stock injectors placed in the stock injector location. And the ECM/ECU is flashed with their parameters which uses the onboard sensors as inputs to make adjustments.

The Bullydog display unit is just a display unit used to monitor PIDS, check for trouble codes, and load new maps. It's nothing like a boony or dobeck box and it's not even required to be connected to the sled.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
I just like the idea of not having to "TUNE" any fueling. I was always fidling with my BD box trying to get the thing to run properly. That was a few years ago though, so things have changed quite a bit I would guess. I think that if the stock ECU can compensate for elevation, temp, air density etc on a stock machine, then why cant you just set the parameters and ride it like a stocker, unless of course you like to constantly tune stuff. Not slamming here, BD is an innovator for sure, I just think that the masses just want to ride, not tune.

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Or just buy a TSS Insta-Boost self lube KPA water cooled turbo with a boost it control and enjoy the simple life.

N
Mar 27, 2013

They are using the Bullydog to do the reflash!

Premium Features