• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who's running strait pump gas ?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting about the plugs and Rev limiter. How do people trail ride sleds? Just not who or what?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Interesting about the plugs and Rev limiter. How do people trail ride sleds? Just not who or what?
Like i said earlier in the thread, loosing plugs doesn't mean "detonation" right away, can be, can't be also. I am talking of my personal setup, yes i can loose plugs at will gearing out(belt drive), wich i think a lot of us are experiencing with Pro Rmk.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
It is obvious that charge temps play a huge factor in boost/fuel ratios. Cooler temps can run lesser octane on higher boost. That is why an air exchanger is so effective in boost applications. That being said, a fresh air intake system helps lower intake temps and the ability to run pump gas if so desired. Keeping the intake charge temps lower will help to run pump gas without DET.
Combine that with lower compression, higher elevation and lower boost, then pump gas all day is not a problem.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
05900-No vids, time slips or dyne sheet from you? I didn't think so. No proof, just sitting at a keyboard spewing trash. What is the compression ratios like I asked? You build trailer queens so uneducated people can ooh and ahhh over "pump gas" 1000hp. Of course, up until they put the pedal to the floor and out comes the rods from the block.
Your not Porsche, not even close. Show me someone thats spends 70-100k on a Dodge hellcat and puts pump gas in it? Ya right. Your not Dodge, your just a useless shiny parts assembler whose junk doesn't last. You offer no proof of anything except to call someone names. That just means I called you out on your junk and you know I'm right.
Your just a bag of useless wind. You sell junk engines that will blow up. Love to see the customer complaints at your shop. Better yet, the excuses that you come up with as to why your junk blew up.
1000hp 980 tq on pump gas? For how long? .01 seconds? Ahahahahahahahaha. Your a complete tool.

I think your better off hiding in the bathroom stalls at Sema honing your luscious lip skills as it looks like you moveth lips too much.

Look at Vipecs answer. He addressed every question straightforward. Some things we agreed on, some not. He didn't call anyone names. What's wrong with you? Truth hurts I guess. I think you should drive your daily driver of 1000hp all the way to Sema. Oh, wait, it won't make it and you'll have a myriad of excuses why you can't drive it there. Video the whole thing and I'll pay for the fuel if it makes it. if it doesn't, you pay me the $1,000 of fuel it would have cost. Just put it on the trailer where it belongs. Should make it the showroom, if you push it there!!!!

Vipec-Thanks for the offer to ride that sled on a drag. I have no experience riding that fast or that quick on a sled. I'm scared just thinking about it. I can just see myself on the starting line, on my *** cuz i let go of the sled and it took off without me.
I don't believe the stock compression ratio of a stock RMK is 11.5-1. i'm thinking it's more like 13 or 14-1 although I haven't personally checked it out.

Last edited:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
05900-No vids, time slips or dyne sheet from you? I didn't think so. No proof, just sitting at a keyboard spewing trash. What is the compression ratios like I asked? You build trailer queens so uneducated people can ooh and ahhh over "pump gas" 1000hp. Of course, up until they put the pedal to the floor and out comes the rods from the block.
Your not Porsche, not even close. Show me someone thats spends 70-100k on a Dodge hellcat and puts pump gas in it? Ya right. Your not Dodge, your just a useless shiny parts assembler whose junk doesn't last. You offer no proof of anything except to call someone names. That just means I called you out on your junk and you know I'm right.
Your just a bag of useless wind. You sell junk engines that will blow up. Love to see the customer complaints at your shop. Better yet, the excuses that you come up with as to why your junk blew up.
1000hp 980 tq on pump gas? For how long? .01 seconds? Ahahahahahahahaha. Your a complete tool.

I think your better off hiding in the bathroom stalls at Sema honing your luscious lip skills as it looks like you moveth lips too much.

Look at Vipecs answer. He addressed every question straightforward. Some things we agreed on, some not. He didn't call anyone names. What's wrong with you? Truth hurts I guess. I think you should drive your daily driver of 1000hp all the way to Sema. Oh, wait, it won't make it and you'll have a myriad of excuses why you can't drive it there. Video the whole thing and I'll pay for the fuel if it makes it. if it doesn't, you pay me the $1,000 of fuel it would have cost. Just put it on the trailer where it belongs. Should make it the showroom, if you push it there!!!!

Vipec-Thanks for the offer to ride that sled on a drag. I have no experience riding that fast or that quick on a sled. I'm scared just thinking about it. I can just see myself on the starting line, on my *** cuz i let go of the sled and it took off without me.
I don't believe the stock compression ratio of a stock RMK is 11.5-1. i'm thinking it's more like 13 or 14-1 although I haven't personally checked it out.

Wow.... are you Butthurt or Jealous?

Oh yeah the little red thumbs..hilarious !!!! oh wait here's your chance for another.............>>>>

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Dear VP racing fuels,
It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that you must shut down your business immediately.
Two new companies, Nelson racing engines and Vi-Pec Motorsports have discovered that there is no need for any fuel higher than 91 octane.
Please inform the millions of drag racers and hi performance enthusiasts immediately that they are wasting their money on any fuel other than "PUMP GAS." It simply is not required and the same longevity and performance can be had by running "pump gas" exclusively.
Interested customer may quickly shovel their money to aforementioned companies by visa, mc or good ol' cash. No warranties implied, expressed or given.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I don't think anyone is saying race fuel isn't needed. For certain setups it might not be, for others it will be needed. I don't think the point of this thread was to say stop running race fuel, it was to see if others are getting away with pump gas on a low boost setup. A low boost setup at your elevation will have different requirements then a low boost setup at my elevation. Everyones MMV here so just tune like your supposed to and get a setup that works for you and makes you happy, at the end of the day thats all that matters.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
tdorval.......2 things-1. I 100% agree on all of your points in your post.
2. I totally hijacked this thread. Guilty as charged.

Premium Features