• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo kit 2015 assault

Q
Jan 10, 2014
Mtntk...clutch it for MN and run avgas run 8#....
then in Wy go back to mtntk's clutching and run pump gas
Uses Bullydog and you get the tuner with it not just a reflashed ECU
Simplist setup IMO

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Start off with I live in MN and want a turbo kit for my assault. I have read that many like the Silber setup and that many don't.. I'm looking for advice from you guys if its even worth having a turboed sled in MN? I go to Wyoming once a year for a week as well. I don't want to buy the wrong setup nor do I want to waste my money if you think its not worth it to have one in MN. I am a adrenaline junkie and would love more power. I have no experience with a turbo on a sled so the easiest kit to get I assume is the Silber setup? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to make the wrong choice.

Ak
Read his post .
Many like Silber. Your in that category and you have your opinion
Many don't . I'm in this category and I have my opinion.
Should he here both sides or just yours?
The year of my kit was a 2012 with the same POS oiling system that is on your sled. I did a thread on modifying the tank to get more angle on the drain line.Ask any of the turbo manufactures if flooding the turbo and not letting it drain is acceptable . NOT. Imagine the angle of your drain line when your climbing a hill.
Things get better over time. Agreed it is called research and development,after you do this you release your product to the public.NOT before
Silber Bashing you bet. Why ? He doesn't go by the R&D business model.
I didn't say I had a Boondocker kit.
As far as threads that all turbo manufactures have a thread on here about poorly running kits. There isn't one negative thread on here about the kit I purchased.
Guess what kit it is? Clues Runs. W2A, Garrett turbo, turbo smart BOV and lots of R&D. Some of the things necessary, to not getting your turbo kit bashed year after year. Anywhere in his post, did he ask what the cheapest kit is????
So if I had stuck with my Silber I would have to do what many others have done! Bought the dobeck then the better Dobeck then the Bullydog then the reflash.
Not cheaper anymore.
What's in store for next year?

moto_786

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2011
I would highly recommend the MTNTK turbo kit I put almost 3000km on mine last year and it was pull and go. The only thing I changed was updating to the bigger injectors ran strong and consistent everyday. Had no problems with it. It's a super clean easy instal kit no oil pump to make a mess uses the stock oil pump. I would check them out have 3 other buddies running them this year after they saw how mine ran last year.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
The bigger injectors are standard on their kits this year as well (mtntk)

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I'm in bonnyville alberta and we are around 1500 feet. I ran my 2013 rmk with the silber kit with the bullydog and bigger injectors and i dont have the kpa turbo. I've put1200 miles on it so far and i run 100ll and about 7-9# of boost and it has been fun. The power is addicting!

M

mbccenter

Jan 31, 2012
Start off with I live in MN and want a turbo kit for my assault. I have read that many like the Silber setup and that many don't.. I'm looking for advice from you guys if its even worth having a turboed sled in MN? I go to Wyoming once a year for a week as well. I don't want to buy the wrong setup nor do I want to waste my money if you think its not worth it to have one in MN. I am a adrenaline junkie and would love more power. I have no experience with a turbo on a sled so the easiest kit to get I assume is the Silber setup? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to make the wrong choice.

I am just finishing up a install on a Silber kit. Just waiting for low boost spring for running here in MN. Will be able to report on it soon.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ak
Read his post .
Many like Silber. Your in that category and you have your opinion
Many don't . I'm in this category and I have my opinion.
Should he here both sides or just yours?
The year of my kit was a 2012 with the same POS oiling system that is on your sled. I did a thread on modifying the tank to get more angle on the drain line.Ask any of the turbo manufactures if flooding the turbo and not letting it drain is acceptable . NOT. Imagine the angle of your drain line when your climbing a hill.
Things get better over time. Agreed it is called research and development,after you do this you release your product to the public.NOT before
Silber Bashing you bet. Why ? He doesn't go by the R&D business model.
I didn't say I had a Boondocker kit.
As far as threads that all turbo manufactures have a thread on here about poorly running kits. There isn't one negative thread on here about the kit I purchased.
Guess what kit it is? Clues Runs. W2A, Garrett turbo, turbo smart BOV and lots of R&D. Some of the things necessary, to not getting your turbo kit bashed year after year. Anywhere in his post, did he ask what the cheapest kit is????
So if I had stuck with my Silber I would have to do what many others have done! Bought the dobeck then the better Dobeck then the Bullydog then the reflash.
Not cheaper anymore.
What's in store for next year?

I am sure your Boost-it kit is very nice as it does look so. I have not had the privilege to see one as there seams to be only BD, Silber and Aero running here, at least from what I have seen.

The OP is definitely looking for some advise, just not sure why there is always a couple ready to bash. There can be issues with all, happy your kit runs so well. Also not sure if you had your sled set up for you? Not all can do that.

I do not remember saying anything about price :noidea:

I am only speaking on Turbo Kit's I have been around/ran.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I am sure your Boost-it kit is very nice as it does look so. I have not had the privilege to see one as there seams to be only BD, Silber and Aero running here, at least from what I have seen.

The OP is definitely looking for some advise, just not sure why there is always a couple ready to bash. There can be issues with all, happy your kit runs so well. Also not sure if you had your sled set up for you? Not all can do that.

I do not remember saying anything about price :noidea:

I am only speaking on Turbo Kit's I have been around/ran.
Your not sure why there is always a couple ready to bash? If you go back and read my post,it will explain it quite clearly.
My sled set up for me. Well, not sure what you mean ? I took him my sled , I paid him , then I rode it..... Yea I guess it was set up for me. I told him I dont want it to Bog. Like yours on another thread. Are you one of those guys that says?
It runs awesone, except when it bogs when i get in and out of the throttle.
How many guys suffered all year from the Bullybog blues of Silbers
Other companies used the Bully had a couple of issues but nothing like Silber
Have they goy it figured out yet? Lots of other kits available, why buy the one with the worst track record out there.IMO

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How many guys suffered all year from the Bullybog blues of Silbers

Reflash came out mid winter and was offered to everyone, worked flawlessly after that, far from an entire winter down the drain, hell, a lot of guys had no issues even with the first map.

Other companies used the Bully had a couple of issues but nothing like Silber

Sell 10x as many kits, and you have 10x the issues with the same "trouble" rate. The amount of customer inflicted issues you will get is relatively consistent across brands

Have they goy it figured out yet? Lots of other kits available, why buy the one with the worst track record out there.IMO

Since the newsest mapping came out mid winter, see how many threads about issues came up? I think its fair to say it works rather well, I know all of mine have. As for the worst track record, when you realize how many of each are out there on the snowand how many problems happen, your perspective might change.

Also regarding end user inflicted issues.

It is amazing to me how much simpler and cleaner the new kits have gotten, ease of install across the board is skyrocketing. That being said, the amount of troubleshooting I end up doing for people regarding strange hiccups, bogs etc are astounding, 99% of the time its something really dumb. Blown out exhaust donuts, broken clutch springs, lost pipe springs. Tuning a well put together sled is easy. Tuning a leaky worn out sled will have you chasing your tail quick.

The exhaust donuts is a great example, I just put new donuts on when doing a turbo install regardless of of mileage. They cost like $40 for a pair and you don't have to worry, same with little things like clutch bushings, springs, etc. Problem is, end user doing install doesn't know any better, looks at a part (donuts for ex) and thinks it looks fine, but those little leaks, worn bushings, snapped pipe springs are the things that will give you problems for days. Those are the unfinished threads of why "my XXX brand turbo sled bogs!!":help:

It also seems that with Silber being the more streamlined budget minded kit seems to attract the more DIY end user. See above regarding issues with that. LOL :face-icon-small-con

:kev:Sorry, sort of a side rant but I bet over half of the problem threads would be resolved by a quick pressure test and inspection of clutch components.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING

It is amazing to me how much simpler and cleaner the new kits have gotten, ease of install across the board is skyrocketing. That being said, the amount of troubleshooting I end up doing for people regarding strange hiccups, bogs etc are astounding, 99% of the time its something really dumb. Blown out exhaust donuts, broken clutch springs, lost pipe springs. Tuning a well put together sled is easy. Tuning a leaky worn out sled will have you chasing your tail quick.

The exhaust donuts is a great example, I just put new donuts on when doing a turbo install regardless of of mileage. They cost like $40 for a pair and you don't have to worry, same with little things like clutch bushings, springs, etc. Problem is, end user doing install doesn't know any better, looks at a part (donuts for ex) and thinks it looks fine, but those little leaks, worn bushings, snapped pipe springs are the things that will give you problems for days. Those are the unfinished threads of why "my XXX brand turbo sled bogs!!":help:

It also seems that with Silber being the more streamlined budget minded kit seems to attract the more DIY end user. See above regarding issues with that. LOL :face-icon-small-con

:kev:Sorry, sort of a side rant but I bet over half of the problem threads would be resolved by a quick pressure test and inspection of clutch components.

couldnt have said it any better

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013

Sell 10x as many kits, and you have 10x the issues with the same "trouble" rate. The amount of customer inflicted issues you will get is relatively consistent across brands

Your telling me Silber sold 10 times more pro kits than anyone else!!!!
Whats the #?? How many did he sell? How many did the others sell??

From a Boston Thread http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347916
Why are you only building 100 Pro RMK kits?
We are limiting the production run to 100 to free up time to focus on R&D and customer support. We are working hard to expand our turbo lines to other popular sleds, Side X Sides and ATV's.
Your saying other brands sold ten each. Ok then......

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

Your telling me Silber sold 10 times more pro kits than anyone else!!!!
Whats the #?? How many did he sell? How many did the others sell??

From a Boston Thread http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347916
Why are you only building 100 Pro RMK kits?
We are limiting the production run to 100 to free up time to focus on R&D and customer support. We are working hard to expand our turbo lines to other popular sleds, Side X Sides and ATV's.
Your saying other brands sold ten each. Ok then......

We can clearly see that your just here to bash. Enjoy your turbo as I will mine. We both want the same thing and you have no permise to say that I am not getting it.

OP..... Sorry this went in the direction that many go on these forums. No one wins these internet wars.

There is no more useful information other than my first post.

Have a great day all! Hump day!!

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
We can clearly see that your just here to bash. Enjoy your turbo as I will mine. We both want the same thing and you have no permise to say that I am not getting it.

OP..... Sorry this went in the direction that many go on these forums. No one wins these internet wars.

There is no more useful information other than my first post.

Have a great day all! Hump day!![/QUOTE

In this so called internet war no one wins??

If I have made a potential buyer, aware of the less than stellar reputation that Silber Turbos has....
The winner would be anyone that comes on this site and reads threads like this.
A savy buyer can weed through this, and it might help him to make a educated decision.
If Silber has it fixed with a reflash. Great!!!.
Time will tell.
Fellow sledders come on to this site looking for feedback.
I gave him my opinion from personal experience.
You gave him yours. From what I read in posts you made. You got rid of the Dobeck and went reflash and that has cured your bogging problem. Excellent !! I mean that sincerely because after spending one season with a Silber system I understand how frustrating it can be. People new to the site should be made aware of what they could POSSIBLY be up against

Last edited:
T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
I'm happy with all the responses I've got from you guys. I haven't had to post because you've answered my questions. I understand their will always be this kit vs this kit. It was good to read who had problems with this kit and who didn't. Im not chapped about the way this thread went at all. Great info for me as I wanted to know what kit is trouble free. I want reliable and fun. I don't want to be the buddy that has to miss a ride because he put a turbo in his sled and its not working.

Premium Features