• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carb trouble

J
Feb 24, 2011
Have a 1985 Phaser and at idle only one cylinder runs. Will kick in at high r`s. Have cleaned the carbs and all seem to be open like they should. My question is if the seat velve does not seat and to much gas gets in the bowl would that flood out that cylinder at low r`s. Also the rubber plugs in the bowl one goes in the center ,does the other go in where the idle jet is or does it go in the other hole? Thanks for any help .

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
get a parts breakdown from yamaha of the carbs make sure you have them put together right. of course if your needle and seat are bad it will flood out because gas keeps pouring in there

Last edited:
J
Feb 24, 2011
Must be a lot of you out there that have taken the carb off and cleaned them. Can any of you tell me where the 2 plugs go is it in the middle and in the pilot jet or in the middle and in the other hole?

N

Neckbone_509

Jan 4, 2011
Cle Elum WA
carbs

when your sitting on the sled one rubber goes in the center hole and the other goes on the right side of it on bolth carbs. If that was hard to understand go to dirt cheap snow .com click on yamaha then year make and model it will give u parts break downs of anything that has to do with your sled:cheer2:

T
Apr 17, 2009
Glasgow, MT
84 phazer

Soak the carbs in carb cleaner and replace the needle and seats. These phazers are touchy. Mine was doing the same thing. Get the needle and seats from WPS they are 14.00 a set verses Yamaha that is 70.00. The plugs go in the middle and pilot hole.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
rubber plugs in carb bowls

Seems the rubber plug has dried and shrunk. Anybody know where to get the rubber plugs? They seem to be too loose and fall into the bowl. Sled is running on one cylinder I took it apart and placed the plugs and it ran good. Just starting it up during the summer can tell it is not running right again. The plugs fit real loose. Any ideas?

mckinney

Premium Features