• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K-Mod versus EZ Ryde?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Please share some input on either if you have them or ridden one. Thinking about either for my turbo PRO. Looking for Pros/Cons of each skid.

B
Nov 2, 2009
Kmod

I have a KMOD full skid with Raptors - have no experience with an Ez Ryde.

BUT - Kevin at KMOD is great to deal with, product is top notch quality, his recommended settings were within 1 click of being spot on.

As for performance, I sure like the easy adjustability, Im on a 2013 HMTurbo kit at 8psi boost, and with the skid it was constantly the wheelie king.

I can set it from very little coupling to substantial coupling in seconds

We set up in an area and moved over each time, trying out the settings and each adjuster setting made a noticeable difference, I feel it gets up on the snow better, and absorbs the hits with no problem. With the raptor clickers its a breeze to adjust.

ADD a set of ALTERNITIVE IMPACT 36"a arms and Raptors and it is a joy to ride.

With this set up, it make it substantially easier to control.

Brad

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Great info, thanks. I have that front end and mine is HM turbo also. Sounds like a plan

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i have been running ez-rydes for the last 6 years minus one season on an assault rear suspension. Mostly N/A set ups and the last two seasons on a boondocker intercooler set up.

My opinion is until you have rode a properly set up sled with an ez-ryde, you have no idea what you are missing. Look at the design and get a grasp for how it works. Running a 153 cat track with cut lugs, and fully tracked it still gets up ontop and prevents wheelying much better than any of the stock skids i have been around.

The k mod is quite popular and i don't have any seat time on one. However i don't feel the need to as i can't see something else working better. If you plan to abuse your ez-ryde you can order it with "race rails" which have no windows. OR you can get some from ice age in the event you bend yours. The lightweight version most guys run tends to bend between the rear wheels and the arm.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Please share some input on either if you have them or ridden one. Thinking about either for my turbo PRO. Looking for Pros/Cons of each skid.

Have you considered the mtn tamer skid?
A lot of the boondockers crew rides them exclusively. I just bought a boosted pro with the full timbersled mtn tamer skid with fox float evol3 kashimas on it. Looks very nice and very well built. Realy easy to Adjust the amount of coupling too. Havnt road it yet. Can't wait though.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
It would be interesting to know how much each one weighs including any needed install reinforcements for the tunnel. I do know that a stock 155 Pro skid with scratchers weighs around 43 Lbs on my bathroom scale.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
It would be interesting to know how much each one weighs including any needed install reinforcements for the tunnel. I do know that a stock 155 Pro skid with scratchers weighs around 43 Lbs on my bathroom scale.

I think most guys are using or want to use tunnel reinforcements anyway. I would consider them a necessity along with stronger rails.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana

my ez ryde with solid rails two wheels, and ez ryde coil shocks is 39 on my scale.

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com

Here at Aerocharger we have just about every skid. Get a hold of Calvin and he can share his thoughts on what you might like better for your riding style. Calvin will be doing a lot of demo rides this winter and most likely have both set ups with him. Call the office and we will get you will Calvin.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

been on both, The K mod would be my choice of the two, And the Timbersled has more adjustment than any other skid such as ride height as well as transfer points.However they lacked a good shock setup in the past, I had Tom,s build custom E Vol-R,s for my Timbersled.

Last edited:
Premium Features