• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How does MTNTK lube the turbo?

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Looking for some details on how Mtntk runs the oil for the turbo. I had heard rumors that they use the stock oil pump in some way. This sounds very interesting to me and I'm wondering if I could do the same thing on my Silber kit. Would help clean things up a little(oil tank).

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
YES IT USES THE STOCK OIL INJECTION TO LUBE THE TURBO THEN MISTS IT INTO THE CHARGE SIDE OF THE TURBO AND INTO ENGINE.. USES THE 2 OIL LINES THAT ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR CRANKCASE OFF THE PUMP AND JUST BLOCK OFF THE INLETS ON CASE..

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
YES IT USES THE STOCK OIL INJECTION TO LUBE THE TURBO THEN MISTS IT INTO THE CHARGE SIDE OF THE TURBO AND INTO ENGINE.. USES THE 2 OIL LINES THAT ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR CRANKCASE OFF THE PUMP AND JUST BLOCK OFF THE INLETS ON CASE..

Well that seems easy enough. So just run those 2 lines to the oil inlet of turbo, then I'm assuming just run the drain line back into the charge tube(In my case maybe the billet throttle body adapter? How do you address the charge pressure blowing back into the turbo? check valve?

Anyone have any pics? This sounds like it has potential.

I'd love to get rid of the oil tank and also not worry about if/when my oil pump is going to go out. Also, the added electrical load can't be helping things either.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Mostly correct. The oil is re-introduced to the engine from the compressor inlet. The compressor wheel then finely atomizes the oil and it makes its way to the engine from there. This will eventually (way down the line eventually...like probably not within the life of the engine...) cause compressor errosion as they are not designed to process liquids, but it is such a minute amount that it is negligeable at worst. The only potential issue that i can see is if there are any low spots in your intake plumbing after the turbo oil could potentially condense and pool there.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Boondocker is advertising no tank and pump oiling system... Wonder if there going that way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 169
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Boondocker is advertising no tank and pump oiling system... Wonder if there going that way.

Its funny you should bring that ad up because that's what got me thinking.

A little birdie told me that if you are gonna run it this way you have to run the drain line e to the INLET of the turbo to help "suck" the oil out of the center section. That seems like it would make a mess of the intake track. Also the BOV would be pushing out oil along with pushing oil into my boost gauge, fpr, map . Am I missing something here?

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I wonder what problems you would run into with a intercooler on that set up

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
The oil cannot be introduced into the pressure side. It's being sucked into the compressor inlet.

I know it's probably a small amount of oil, but would it cause problems with getting this oil in the boost controller, fpr, map sensor or wastegate actutator?
I'm running a Vipec so I have the map sensor and fpr.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
I know it's probably a small amount of oil, but would it cause problems with getting this oil in the boost controller, fpr, map sensor or wastegate actutator?
I'm running a Vipec so I have the map sensor and fpr.

On some of our SXS kits if the oil drain line is not working properly and the oil pushes past the dynamic seals in the turbo. It causes the Tmap sensors to go crazy, however I think it such a fine amout of oil it may not be an issue on the sleds.

If you have a BOV that vents to Atmosphere this could be a messy situation also.

Premium Features