• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120 performance parts?

R

ragingwong

Sep 17, 2008
williams lake bc canada

you can get a govenor delete kit that replaces the spring to the throttle butterfly with a rod,different gearing and a pipe,can't remember who it was made by,should be able to find it in snowtech somewhere,hope that helps

C
Dec 11, 2007
Michigan
120's

Try Recreational Motorsports. I think the website is recmotor.com but I am not 100% sure. They have everything you need for the 120's and they will answer any/all of the questions that you have.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
What are some good performance parts to add to a Polaris 120? I'm looking to pep up the sled a bit and maybe get one more season out of it.

Call Greg Goodwin @ Goodwin Performance in Zion, Illinois (847) 872-4001

www.goodwinperformance.com

Also check on www.hardcoresledder.com :face-icon-small-hap

120 section , there's a lot of info there:cool:

I bought a 2008 POLARIS 120 for my daughter when she was 3 1/2, on the second season I wire-tied the spring to by-pass the governor, no kit required.
Currently installing a rear shock set-up, using a front ski shock from a 77-78 Arctic Cat ($20.00-$30.00) and buying/fabricating a couple of 5/8" shafts, same kit rec motors sells for approx $150.00, the complete instructions and pictures are posted on the www.hardcoresledder.com site.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Is there any more info on this i would like to do the same thing

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Is there any more info on this i would like to do the same thing

Are you asking about the governor bypass or the rear shock kit??:confused:

The bypass , you just take a simple little plastic wire tie and wrap it to keep the spring in the throttle linkage from stretching open, that's it, a 10 second installation job.

Shock kit info is on H.C.S. 120 section pictures, part#'s

Hope this helps

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
are you asking about the governor bypass or the rear shock kit??:confused:

The bypass , you just take a simple little plastic wire tie and wrap it to keep the spring in the throttle linkage from stretching open, that's it, a 10 second installation job.

Shock kit info is on h.c.s. 120 section pictures, part#'s

hope this helps

i'll try that tomorrow. Thanks

B
Jan 22, 2009
Sask Bush

Could you post a picture of the govener bypass mod? Thanks.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

Could you post a picture of the govener bypass mod? Thanks.

I took some pics, upload failed several times. Now I've uploaded pics to this site successfully last week, and it says I have tons of space left so I don't know what's up, if you have any ideas?? Or p.m. me your e-mail and I'll try that.

Last edited:
D
Dec 10, 2008
z120

is there anyone out there that could take some pics of motor area carb to governor area got one missing parts need to what i need to order thanks

Premium Features