• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil cap issues

A
Anyone having a problem with the oil cap crossthreading and leaking? it seems to be the resevoir and not the cap as I have tried a different cap with same results and my cap is fine on different resevoir..... Help

O

Outlaw525s

Nov 19, 2010
did you cross thread it yourself? or did it come that way from the factory? I would say if u hae tried caps and you are sure its the tank then i would install a new tank!

907assault

Nov 26, 2011
Kenai Peninsula, AK
AK,

There are a few threads in here regarding the oil tank leakage. It seems to be somewhat common, as mine is doing it also. It's a warped tank neck. If you search the threads for "FYI-OIL RESEVOIR NECK SLEEVE" you'll see DAN03REV has neck sleeves for the pro's oil tank. Or, if your sled is still under warranty, get a new tank if they fixed the warped necks by now.

Creek Chub

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Blackduck, Minnesota
Oil filler neck sleeve

FYI - OIL RESERVOIR NECK SLEEVE
DAN03REV - 12-08-2011

Search this thread. $16.80 and you get the sleeve and oring. Installs in about 2 seconds after heating the reservoir neck with a hair dryer. I put it in before having a leakage problem after hearing a few others leaking oil. Dan responds fast. I PM'ed him and ordered on Sunday and I had it on Thursday.

Kudo's Dan!

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
2 oil caps last year and finally a new oil reservoir under warranty. Seems to be fixed for now.

Premium Features