• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lakefork Merc near McCall not snowmobile friendly.

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho
The new owners of Lakefork Merc south of McCall are not snowmobile friendly. They support the left and do not support the snowmobile industry but, will take your money. I am boycotting them and encourage you to do the same.

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho
They are not conclusions they are fact. I know them. This doesn't mean the people that work there but the owners themselves.

Sure they are nice they have to be. That is their job.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
uh oh! not good. But let's be aware that a "boycott" will affect the jobs of those who are the nice ones that work there, which is unfortunate. :(

Would be nice to know who these owners are so others might be able to verify that they are left leaning and are not "snowmobile friendly", before a full on boycott is considered.

J

jonasumb

Nov 27, 2012
Boise/McCall Idaho
I for one would need a little more detail on what the owners support before I boycott.
I have used them a lot. Non ethanol pumps, Best coffee around, friendly staff & clean shop. And I don't have to wait in line for gas

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
The new owners of Lakefork Merc south of McCall are not snowmobile friendly. They support the left and do not support the snowmobile industry but, will take your money. I am boycotting them and encourage you to do the same.

Gary - What exactly happened to make you want to encourage boycotting them? We have been in and out of there numerous times, and have chatted with the owners more than once. Never did I or others I was with get the idea that they were anything but supportive of snowmobilers.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Pretty sure sour grapes here, as he used to support the old owners almost to the point of being annoying here on SW. (Do a search.)
The old owners lost it to the bank, didn't pay bills/whatever. New owners bought it and brought it back.
Gas prices are stupid high, but if you want or need gas then it is there, I am glad it is back.
Maybe with some actual facts this thread would be valid.

R
Sep 9, 2001
Boise, Idaho
I don't play the sour grape game. I know the owners and that is where they stand. You can go there and buy their gas and drink their coffee or Koolaid. I will not support people on the left.
Hope that is clear enough.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I go to Bill's. Likely this Sunday and Monday afternoons after riding.

Hoping the snow is good (read: not raining).

I used to ride the sled into the Stinker in Donnelly since the in-laws owned the motel behind the Stinker... then ride across the lake to ride.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I don't play the sour grape game. I know the owners and that is where they stand. You can go there and buy their gas and drink their coffee or Koolaid. I will not support people on the left.
Hope that is clear enough.

Have you had a chance to put together some facts to support the "left leaning" theory on your original post?

Premium Features