• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Gunk

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2015
north west Iowa
are group rides all brands, new and old ,its the rider not the sled. but im the least experienced in the group and road a stock 14Pro RMK and could keep up with everyone, just saying

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
You guys still hashing this out? You know there will never be a right answer because most people are so brand biased they become blind. However, I feel no sled can be the best at every type of riding and in every aspect of what makes a sled great. For example, one brand may have a better engine, another brand may have better Ergonomics, another brand may have better handling, another brand may be better at handling the large bumps. Pick what works for you and your style of riding and then be honest why you feel that way. Is it because that is they brand you have always been on or truly the sled matches your style of riding? Most of these types of threads you can always tell the ones that are very biased and many times haven't tried another brand for more than 10 minutes if at all.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
poll doesnt say meadows and trails.in the mountains a 174 with no bent a arms wins.LOL

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
You guys still hashing this out? You know there will never be a right answer because most people are so brand biased they become blind. However, I feel no sled can be the best at every type of riding and in every aspect of what makes a sled great. For example, one brand may have a better engine, another brand may have better Ergonomics, another brand may have better handling, another brand may be better at handling the large bumps. Pick what works for you and your style of riding and then be honest why you feel that way. Is it because that is they brand you have always been on or truly the sled matches your style of riding? Most of these types of threads you can always tell the ones that are very biased and many times haven't tried another brand for more than 10 minutes if at all.

Problem is, it is a big financial commitment to "try" another brand. I like polaris, I have always been on polaris, and I haven't been screwed by warranty or plagued by issues so that's where I stay. If I wanted to switch to doo, that would mean spending 12-13k on a new sled, then even if I trade it off in a year you can count on taking 2-3k in the shorts. If it aint broke don't fix it...

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Problem is, it is a big financial commitment to "try" another brand. I like polaris, I have always been on polaris, and I haven't been screwed by warranty or plagued by issues so that's where I stay. If I wanted to switch to doo, that would mean spending 12-13k on a new sled, then even if I trade it off in a year you can count on taking 2-3k in the shorts. If it aint broke don't fix it...

And that is how some like to roll and that is perfectly fine as long as one knows or admits that is the reason they stay with a particular brand. Some buy new sleds every year or every other year which gives them the opportunity to switch around and try something new.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
ok.4 brands are riding mountain meadows and drop into a creek,valley or giant tree well and the 174 is the only one that can climb out.who rules?.pretty simple.LOL.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
ok.4 brands are riding mountain meadows and drop into a creek,valley or giant tree well and the 174 is the only one that can climb out.who rules?.pretty simple.LOL.

Drop that tank into a giant tree well or deep creek, and you're right , you'll be climbing out .

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You might like one if you tried riding it rather then part'n em' out!:face-icon-small-hap

Lol. Actually, may hatred of my 2013 Pro is what started me parting them out! I disliked that thing so much that I parted it at 277 miles. I am pretty sure that sled was trying to kill me.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Lol. Actually, may hatred of my 2013 Pro is what started me parting them out! I disliked that thing so much that I parted it at 277 miles. I am pretty sure that sled was trying to kill me.

Ya you better stick to the overpriced, recolored, Sanford and Son's Couchs with new casters.

LOL

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I love the look of the new polaris. Dyno runs I have seen are inconsistent and seem to take some mods to catch the etec for power. I do believe our local polaris dealership is one of if not the best. If I see reliability with a turbo this may be my next sled. Otherwise its back to yamaha or doo.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I know plenty of people (including me) who dislike the chassis.
The engine has already had issues. It will be just as unreliable as every Poo 800 since 2000.
Not going to argue about it, check this thread in 6 months.

So this quote was from October. (almost 6 month) I definitely believe that Poo has passed the test with this new HO motor.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
So this quote was from October. (almost 6 month) I definitely believe that Poo has passed the test with this new HO motor.

Definitely passed the test with an A+!!
Best chassis on the mountain by far! Doo is making progress though. If they put her on a diet, make her a little more aesthetically pleasing, lose the teeter totter skid, lose the flex edge track, and a few other improvements, she will be the one to beat.

Competition like this is good for us all - no matter what brand one rides :)

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Axys has proven itself

The axys proved itself a lot this year... I know 4 of them that ran flawless. One on boost w 2600 miles... Only plug and belt service along w chain case and track adjustments. No one can say much about the 850 yet until everyone rides it through this winter fully... The day I spent on it.... I think it will be just fine. Might out tractor the axys but not out nimble it

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The G4 will be on the same level if not better than the axys for all around riding. The axys may be slightly better in super deep, super steep sidehills but for snow that isn't 3'+ deep the G4 will be better.

Premium Features