• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo ABSOLUTELY RIPS!!!

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I know there has been a few unhappy Silber Pro's with the Bullydog...I was one of them. I wanted to create a new post to let everyone know how happy I am and others are with their Silber kits now that we have worked though a few issues.

My sled now is an absolute riot. I know Justin at Silber has taken a lot of heat about his kits not running right. The crazy thing is, I believe most of his kits ran great the way they came from him originally. This is why it was probably so baffling that some weren't running right. Same sled...same map...different results. I will only speak for myself and let others do the same. As many of you know, I was pretty much done chasing solutions other than mapping. Well, Justin and Jim both rode my sled and independently pointed to my clutch. Turns out they were dead right as it was a mess. Bad rollers, bushings, etc. Justin also pointed to my throttle switch which the my dealer concurred and replaced it under warranty. When they were riding my sled I was using the new map and although at times it ran better, it still had the underlying bog and stutter.

I rode today for the first time with a rebuilt clutch, replaced throttle switch, and the new map. I'm here to tell you that my sled absolutely rips. I could NOT make it hesitate, stutter, bog, hiccup NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING. I couldn't be happier!

The FACT is that his kits DO run, and what's not to like about simply re-flashing the stock ecu. I bought it because I thought it was the best kit available (all things considered including price) and today I still do.

Happy riding!!!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Thats great to hear, I hope to come back with the same story after I actually get to ride! Us Alaskans got dealt a really crappy hand of snow this year and I have only been able to put like 180 miles on my new sled. 80 of those were with the kit running bad. So I was emailed the new map and we just got like 3 feet of fresh snow in the mountains so I am jacked up to see how my sled runs!
Wish me luck!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Amen, after doing a LOT of tech support on turbo sleds of every make and model.... SO many times, its something totally unrelated to the kit itself, something stupid because you were messing around under the hood.

glad to see your sled is running good

AND GOOD ON YOU FOR ADMITTING IT WAS YOUR SLED NOT THE KIT!!!

I really appreciate someone stepping up to the plate saying what actually was wrong, instead of just leaving a bad rep for a builder for a problem that was unrelated.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Amen, after doing a LOT of tech support on turbo sleds of every make and model.... SO many times, its something totally unrelated to the kit itself, something stupid because you were messing around under the hood.

glad to see your sled is running good

AND GOOD ON YOU FOR ADMITTING IT WAS YOUR SLED NOT THE KIT!!!

I really appreciate someone stepping up to the plate saying what actually was wrong, instead of just leaving a bad rep for a builder for a problem that was unrelated.
He said clutching, throttle switch and MAP. Map would be part of the kit.....

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I should clarify... When Justin rode my sled it already had the new map downloaded. THE NEW MAP ALONE DID NOT FIX MY SLED. It still manifested all the same stutters and bogging. Did it make it better? Hard to say...

What I want to point out is that after all the people saw my videos and all the discussion (myself included) nobody ever mentioned the clutch or throttle switch as a possible culprit. Justin (Silber) identified this and bingo... Problem solved.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo

It seems odd to me that a guy would purchase a turbo but not know how to take his clutch apart or recognize a broken primary spring after numerous rides? Just sayin

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
ghost, In acutahs defense the sled ran perfect the week before the turbo was installed dealer pinched clutch cover on and thats is what caused the problem. As long as the clutch didnt have a load like on the trail it would scream. But as soon as you made the clutch work it would lock up under the excessive heat that was created because the clutch was in a bind. I would assume the same thing if my sled ran perfect then a day later after turbo install there is a bog, and on top of that there is a thread on here saying there is a bog.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
by throttle switch do you mean safety throttle switch that wont allow your sled to pin wide open if the throttle bodies stick? How many miles were on your clutch?

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
by throttle switch do you mean safety throttle switch that wont allow your sled to pin wide open if the throttle bodies stick? How many miles were on your clutch?

Yes that's the switch. My sled has just over 1,000 miles.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

J
Oct 8, 2010
Good to hear they're running right.

It's good to hear that people are getting the bugs worked out.

It seems that the problems were affecting quite a few, and that the problems weren't necessarily due to the turbo kit.

The 2014 bogging post is over 300 posts long. I don't have the paid version and am wondering what is being said there now. Is everyone is giving praise to Justin because they now have their sleds running right?

I'm still sitting on the fence trying to decide what kit to buy Silber or HM. I've only got a little time on a friends turbo, but was hooked right away.

Thanks

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Only 11 people have requested the new map so the problem actually appears smaller than I estimated. It's funny how problems blow up on the internet.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
John 970, I can say the Silber kit rips awesome. I think Justin may have a kit or 2 left give him or Corey a shout who is ever closer and get one on. Everyone who has rode my sled thinks its a blast to ride. Great throttle response and big power.

A

A.B.R.

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
silber turbo

I have a 14 pro with a new Silber kit on it and from the first pull, my sled has ripped.. no stumbles, hick-ups, lag or anything.. very crisp throttle response and pulls very hard.. I was a little worried about no inner-cooler, but after riding all day in the trees on a 45+ degree day..no problems at all.I would for sure go with another kit from Justin..
Thanks again buddy!

P

polarisblue

Jan 16, 2014
silber turbo 858

I installed a silber turbo and bully dog on my 858 rkt and the sled has been flawless , just a little fuel mapping on the pcv and it has been a rocket.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features