• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you adjust oil pump on 700MM?

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I had a broken cable for the last few years and decided to change it out! I was looking at the arm of the pump and didnt notice any alignment marks (like Polaris has). So is it suppose to rest on the stop @ idle then? Or do you have to have clearance between the arm and the stop?

Sorry for not being savvy with Yamaha's like I am with some of the Polaris's or old Ski Doo's LOL. Thanks Guys for the help! :humble:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
There is no adjustment at the pump. You adjust it with the cable. About 1/2 way up the cable, in front of the airbox you will see a union in the cable with a rubber sleeve covering it. Slide those sleeves back and pull the cable apart. The gap you see is the measurement to adjust the cable. The spec might be on the clutch cover, Been WAY too long since I adjusted one so I dont recall the spec for it. Eric

T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
There is no adjustment at the pump. You adjust it with the cable. About 1/2 way up the cable, in front of the airbox you will see a union in the cable with a rubber sleeve covering it. Slide those sleeves back and pull the cable apart. The gap you see is the measurement to adjust the cable. The spec might be on the clutch cover, Been WAY too long since I adjusted one so I dont recall the spec for it. Eric

Wow! your still around! this is grapeape from ty. 21mm is a good starting point, I ran 23mm on syn oil shoot for a qt of oil per tank of gas.

Premium Features