• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blown RMK with only about 700km after Turbo

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
My buddies 13 RMK just let go yesterday. We were riding all day then at the end just crapped out & wouldn't pull over. Turned the primary and could tell that something was really wrong. Luckily we were on top of Grizzly by the ice fields so the chopper was able to get it today. He doesn't even ride it that hard or hold it pinned for long periods. Always mixes at least 50/50 100ll with Chevron 94 & running about 8-9#. Has the Bullydog update too. Justin was saying to send him the computer to do a little more fine tuning to get rid of the bog but never got around to it. Could that of been the problem? Who knows.

Its coming to my shop tomorrow to be torn down. Most likely its just the top end. Seen a vid on youtube where a guy with an Aerocharger had the same thing happen. Luckily for him though, he was able to ride it back to the parking lot. Any suggestions where to get some better pistons from? Heard that some company makes a specialty top end for a Turbo setup. Bet the head will be toast too but hopefully not the cylinders.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Probably silbers tuning, it's decent but it's not perfect, so it doesn't work for everyone. Hope I don't accuire that bad luck.
That's plenty of octane for that area and boost. I'm running 30%Av with 70%94 at 10psi, 6000feet. No det issues.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Probably silbers tuning, it's decent but it's not perfect, so it doesn't work for everyone. Hope I don't accuire that bad luck.
That's plenty of octane for that area and boost. I'm running 30%Av with 70%94 at 10psi, 6000feet. No det issues.

I highly doubt that is the case. If anything, the mapping is too conservative based on information from people I've talked with.

There are way too many variables on causes of failures with the 800CFI even in stock form to speculate on what caused it.

Oil caps not venting is just one of many obstacles this sled has.

C
Jan 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
So how many miles total on sled

Think it has about 1500 kms total. Installed the Crazy mountain full drive system so now the speedo doesn't work. ****ty they don't have a pick up for the sensor.

I do as well think the tune is pretty rich. Who knows what could of caused it. Just sucks to blow so fast. Will add some pics next week when I get into it.

Any suggestions for top end? Guy wants turbo reeds as well since it will be all apart.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I highly doubt that is the case. If anything, the mapping is too conservative based on information from people I've talked with.

There are way too many variables on causes of failures with the 800CFI even in stock form to speculate on what caused it.

Oil caps not venting is just one of many obstacles this sled has.
amen.

we had a turbo pro im glad didn't blow up yesterday.

oil injection line from stock resivour to pump on motor, brass fitting came out of pump. so running no injection oil, luckily oil got on belt and we noticed fast, but so many things can go wrong so fast.

Premium Features