• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo Intercooler?

R
Mar 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
Does Justin have any plans of adding a intercooler to his kits? I think an intercooler as part us this kit would set it over the top. I rode and fell in love with his kit but it would be nice to keep charge temps down to get the max out of the kit! Any thoughts?

C
Jan 16, 2013
What rock you been living under lately?

I have been riding! Riding real turbo sleds! I thought I'd pop by to see how all the junk is running these days!as I figured, the forum is filled with silber! What a shocker...better luck next year fellas...lots of riding left this year for the boon docker boys....boooyaaah!!suckers!:amen:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Got a handful of customers out riping them this winter. all smiles..

We just wrapped up one with an upgraded 2871 garrett, and the newest ECU flash, is BY far the cleanest 2 stroke turbo I have ever ridden. honestly runs smoother then a lot of stockers.

more along, nothing to see here.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
There are no plans. No need to search for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I have a Vipec on my Silber kit(2012 Silber kit) . I logged 210deg charge temps on long pulls. Runs clean and hard and has no signs of detonation, but still 210 is kinda high

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
WTF,, you sure thats a ball bearing turbo ?? 210 is plain bearing mitsu or aero temps for low boost..

That's a regular bearing KPA at 10psi(essentially the same as the original Chinese turbo it came with).
Not bashing cause my Silber has run hard all season and I'm still enjoying it. Its running awsome and im super happy. Just providing info. I did need to add a Vipec to get it to the point where it would run this consistent though.

How much would a ball bearing turbo drop the temps.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Matt, no bash either just shocked. thats horrible charge temp and is sucking power, response and fun out of the package.

Never seen charge temp over 80 degrees with a cold air intake and 8 psi on the ball bearing 2876. with an air to water frozen boost barrel style intercooler.

I have a 3582 ball bearing on my 900 triple piped triple cat that runs 15 psi same intercooler set up and not once did it even hit 80 degrees last season.

go to the ball turbos . and a simple cold air intake should cut over 100 degrees off or more..

fwiw, I measure charge temp in the airbox or bell of the throttle body.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
it is hot, but man, the nature of things in mountain riding does get wild.

Yesterday it was 45* out on the hill and some deep wet slushy powder. i noticed on like 20-30 second pulls I was definately seeing some heat soaking fade on everything, motor/clutches/iat. to bad i was in a nasty sort of line for the most of them, i wanted to monitor things more. would have enjoyed a good data log of all of it. although ill pretend i wasnt enjoying just going WOT everywhere ripping wheelies and doing re entries off everything.

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Matt, no bash either just shocked. thats horrible charge temp and is sucking power, response and fun out of the package.

Never seen charge temp over 80 degrees with a cold air intake and 8 psi on the ball bearing 2876. with an air to water frozen boost barrel style intercooler.

I have a 3582 ball bearing on my 900 triple piped triple cat that runs 15 psi same intercooler set up and not once did it even hit 80 degrees last season.

go to the ball turbos . and a simple cold air intake should cut over 100 degrees off or more..

fwiw, I measure charge temp in the airbox or bell of the throttle body.

The Silber already has the cold air intake. Intake temps are basically just a bit over ambient. Personnaly I wouldn't expect the BB turbo to drop the charge temps much, maybe 20 deg but I could be wrong. I'd like to add a h20 to air IC but I don't like all the extra hoses and crap. There's already too much going on under there. May just have to deal with the high charge temps for now

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
The Silber already has the cold air intake. Intake temps are basically just a bit over ambient. Personnaly I wouldn't expect the BB turbo to drop the charge temps much, maybe 20 deg but I could be wrong. I'd like to add a h20 to air IC but I don't like all the extra hoses and crap. There's already too much going on under there. May just have to deal with the high charge temps for now

You have to realize I think you two Gus and Matt are talking to different animals. Gus, correct me if I am wrong but you are talking flat lands are you not? Matt your charge temps are what you will see in the mountains on a long pull at 10psi. The biggest improvement on charge temps would come from an intercooler. Long pulls, deep snow, over 8 psi, intercooler helps a bunch.

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
You have to realize I think you two Gus and Matt are talking to different animals. Gus, correct me if I am wrong but you are talking flat lands are you not? Matt your charge temps are what you will see in the mountains on a long pull at 10psi. The biggest improvement on charge temps would come from an intercooler. Long pulls, deep snow, over 8 psi, intercooler helps a bunch.

Yes, I'm talking mountains. Long pulls, deep snow.

Premium Features