• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Turbo

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Would like to talk to the people that have one. I have one myself and having some bog issues on the bottom end and the odd hiccup in the mid range. I read the other thread and most of the guys yapping don't own one but still like to give there .02 The kit was a great install and fit and finish is awesome. Shawn has been great at MTNTK and always answers the phone when I call. I just installed the bigger injectors with the new map last night so I will see this weekend how it works. A few pics of the build.

photo 11.JPG photo 12.JPG photo 13.JPG photo 15.JPG photo 16.JPG photo 17.JPG photo 19.JPG photo 20.JPG

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Just went for a another 60 mile ride today with two sleds that are running the mtntk turbo and they ran great!!! do you have the bigger injectors installed? I know Shawn has an updated map, but im stillm running the old one with no problems :face-icon-small-ton

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Installed bigger injectors and new map from Shawn.....

This thing ROCKS!!!!!

That's all I can say. It works phenomenal. I wouldn't change a thing.
Thank you to Shawn at MTNTK for answering the phone the 3 times I called
I will definitely continue to do business with him and MTNTK.
It takes a lot to impress me with service and products.
To say the least I am IMPRESSED with MTNTK

Toony.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Delete

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
good to hear the mtntk kit is working good as advertised.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sled looks awesome Toony.

Question for the MTNTK turbo owners: What are you guys running for clutching? Did Shawn provide you with clutching in the kit or are you guys running your own?

Glad to hear they are ripping well.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Clutching

He supply's basic clutching. It works.

I put dalton weights in and thunder products slipper washers.
Secondary is stock. Works very well
I used primary spring he supplied.

Would recommend this kit to anybody.
Great install and fit and Finnish.

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
Mntntk turbo large injectors

Install new injectors engagement 3900 /8200 no turbo lag 145/280 Earlandson spring 66.8 gr weights polaris boost rod 13 threads showing 10,300 alt - stock secondary , clean running very happy ! 30/70 av/91 oct ! Service on a 1-10 a solid 10 . Had a problem with blow hole - new one shipped same day (service) 10! A great business model . :)

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rode with a guy yesterday with one and I wish I could say that it ran that good but he had some small issues. It was very clean on the bottom and throttle response was great but it would pop and backfire at WOT. WE checked and gapped the plugs and lowerwed the boost down but it did the same thing. He has the nbigger injectors and new map. Any thoughts.

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
Mtntk turbo

I have the larger injectors , previous set up in earlier post for 10,000 ft if it were me and it pop at high RPM I would run 100% av to see if it continue ! I would run boost rod at 13 threats at 8250 , if O ring on the injector may not be seated correctly , air leak ? So on , call Shawn and have latest map down loaded . This is one of the smoothest running set ups I've experienced ! Good luck ! I have worked with a number of after market shops this is by far one of the best ! I am very happy with Borg Warner turbo no turbo lag none !

Premium Features