• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Oil Tank

B
Sep 21, 2004
For those of you with turbos that have oiled and pressured turbo pedestals with oil tanks. I am curious how it is they vent the oil reservoir and prevent it from leaking when side hilling or rolled over?

Can any one post pics of the set ups and explain whats involved?

Last edited:
B
Sep 21, 2004
I'm looking to retro fit something to an existing. Boston, sounds like your design is integrated into the tank??? Are the boondocker ones the same? Any pics?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Don't know what your tank or vent looks like. On the XP stock oil system there is a check valve that works pretty well. Let's air in but not oil out. If you can run a chunk of poly then put the check valve in line.

B
Sep 21, 2004
Thanks outlaw is it a gravity check by chance? Mine is set up that way now but with a diaphragm spring seated valve. Has a breaking pressure of 0.5 lb or less. The problem is that I think it sprays everywhere once it breaks and after it's past the check it can't return either. I could baffle it to prevent any misting I feel is occurring but won't solve the pooling or collection.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I had a 2013 Silber and got a 2014 silber kit. Both have the 1/2psi cap, no baffles, and they both leak every time the sled rolls over.

Got two buds with boondocks, and they never loose a drip, or needed topping up in two seasons now. Not sure what they did, but the vent is a 1/2" diameter wide open tube half way up the tank and protruding out 1".

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
my fix for oil mess!

1/4" Id. Air hose routed just onfront of the pipe. Still use the cap. The little bit that vents out on rollovers is caught and blown or drips out the hose. Keeping the under hood clean. Did the same thing with the powervalve vent hose.

mms_img-2131094362.jpg mms_img81126740.jpg

B
Sep 21, 2004
Thanks KGRA, that's nothing like I expected. Let's see some Boondocker set ups.....

1/4" Id. Air hose routed just onfront of the pipe. Still use the cap. The little bit that vents out on rollovers is caught and blown or drips out the hose. Keeping the under hood clean. Did the same thing with the powervalve vent hose.

Premium Features