• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Update Personal Experince

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
i didnt think you had to run the head unit??? What would the pros be to running it since there is no end user tunning?

You don't have to run the Head unit after the initial flash, but I don't have any boost indication and I want to use it as a gauge instead of a mech. boost gauge. After I set up the sled for clutching and boost set point, I may remove the head unit. Just like to have the mount option if I want.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
3 of us in Revy today. 1-13 and 2-14's ran great. One of the 14 guys was so happy he got smashed on tequila in the trailer after the ride and never made supper. Probably be the happiest guy you ever saw puke in a helmet tomorrow. Lol.

B

bossman05

Nov 26, 2007
Layton, UT
We will be in Revy this Sunday, group of 8 coming up from Utah.
got my silber kit on last night and rode today...wow...true plug and play kit, I couldn't be any happier. 13 pro with 14 kit. I didn't touch a thing.
Just need to figure out a mount, thanks for the ideas.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Just got back from three days of Revy powder and sun shine. We had 3 of the new Silbers running, one on a 2012 pro and 2 on the 2014 pro. The simple way to say it was Smiles all around. They run out very strong, they just keep on pulling. I will confess though, they do pull on the shoulders when the powders not deep enough. Of course the 3" track has a little to do with that. Each one that has this set up should have a very good yr of boost, enjoy and be safe.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
Same experience for me so far on mine. Very happy with how well it runs, the only bog/burble i felt was a pull in some deep powder i got off and back on the throttle quick, had a flat spot for a quick second around 7000 rpm and went away quick. Im thinking compressor surge/stall possibly??

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Mine also rips! So fun to ride and very sore shoulders from holding on. Sled runs very well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
EFARMER a turbo and a 3" can be violent when it goes from spinning and looking for traction to well set up snow with good traction just like you said. I have been trying to anticipate that point better with all my mod sleds by reading the snow. Even my XM with 872 got away from me the other day in that situation.

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Not to steal your post .... But my neighbour just installed 2 - 2014 Kits on the Pro's... Pulled the rope and both were near spot on .. No stall or stumbles... He has 3 more to install and I must say very impressed! I think there is going to be allot of Happy Campers in the Silber camp! Just thought I would throw up some positive feedback....

Cheers

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Not to steal your post .... But my neighbour just installed 2 - 2014 Kits on the Pro's... Pulled the rope and both were near spot on .. No stall or stumbles... He has 3 more to install and I must say very impressed! I think there is going to bad allot of Happy Campers in the Silber camp! Just thought I would throw up some positive feedback....

Cheers

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Same experience for me so far on mine. Very happy with how well it runs, the only bog/burble i felt was a pull in some deep powder i got off and back on the throttle quick, had a flat spot for a quick second around 7000 rpm and went away quick. Im thinking compressor surge/stall possibly??

The little bog or burble can be a problem. I am waiting to ride it again, I changed the plugs and of course gapped them, put a new primary spring in (remember mines a 2013 kit) and put hilex to 42/46 to help faster back shift. Intake air is all good and exshaust valves are clean. We will try it again. It only does it once in a while at near or full throttle/ chop and back into it. If I work throttle a little shes right there no problem. I tried once when it bogged, and smashed the throttle full and left it there, acutually killed the engine. But it started right up and away we went. I have high hopes what I have done sense last ride will reduce it to hardly ever or never but we'll see, report after next ride. Love to tell ya my sled is perfect all day every day but thats not how life normally works with any type of mod, so will work at it a little and see what we come up with.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
EFARMER a turbo and a 3" can be violent when it goes from spinning and looking for traction to well set up snow with good traction just like you said. I have been trying to anticipate that point better with all my mod sleds by reading the snow. Even my XM with 872 got away from me the other day in that situation.

You got that right, my 3" and turbo is pretty much a powder hound. I'm more than willing to ride my stocker when it's not deep enough. The new 2014 pros run out very good also. I've been pulling 64 grams in powder at elevation at 8150 to 8200 rpm all day, hps can only mod except for my 70 gram weights ground to 64, there pullers.

The450kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey Alberta
The little bog or burble can be a problem. I am waiting to ride it again, I changed the plugs and of course gapped them, put a new primary spring in (remember mines a 2013 kit) and put hilex to 42/46 to help faster back shift. Intake air is all good and exshaust valves are clean. We will try it again. It only does it once in a while at near or full throttle/ chop and back into it. If I work throttle a little shes right there no problem. I tried once when it bogged, and smashed the throttle full and left it there, acutually killed the engine. But it started right up and away we went. I have high hopes what I have done sense last ride will reduce it to hardly ever or never but we'll see, report after next ride. Love to tell ya my sled is perfect all day every day but thats not how life normally works with any type of mod, so will work at it a little and see what we come up with.

What about the angle you pull the throttle? is the cable too tight or too loose? Just a thought

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Just got my BD update on and running. Took it out for a little spin and so far it is way better. Mid range is amazing, nice steady a/f numbers. That is where I had the worst running sled was the mid range with the dobeck box. Basically it is what they advertized, a turbo sled that fuels like a stock sled. Its wonderful!! No buttons to push, no cheat sheet to bring along, no changing settings for elevation change......yeah!
Now just need to get to the mountains for a real test....
If this BD thing all pans out this year, look out Silber, your gonna have a stampede of buyers......

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
sounds like the new Silber kit with Bully has been good to all. Anyone have opinions on how they differ from BD?

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
At this time seems like i was able to eliminate 99.9 percent of the throttle chop and back into it bog I had. I've been riding in Wy at 7000 to 10000 ft. I lightened the weights to 76gr put in a 180/300 sec spring an geared it down to 2.37 also running helix on 42/46. The 3" track must have been loading it a little to much. It runs very good and love the AFR s running nearly all the time in the twelves, it pulls hard. Oh ya ran it at 9 to 10# boost with maybe 2 gallons of av gas mixed with prem

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Got my -14 kit yesterday and installed it. Really impressed by the fit & finnish/quality of the parts. Fitment was extremly snug on some parts! :face-icon-small-coo

Only problem i had was i got a -13 harness for the fuelinjectors and i got -14 sled. So that was a big mitchmatch. But i solved it with some cutting/soldering.
*Note to self. Order new oem harness!

Did some testrunning today and i couldnt get it to run as low boost as i wanted. Removed the regulator and turned on the wastegate rod outwards but still boosted to much.
I got a 2863B turbo if that matters.

Also encountered wierd numbers on the display with the map sensor. Sometime it showed -1.5psi and sometimes +1.5. Faulty sensor or should it really be a play on +/-3 psi... :face-icon-small-sho

Going to sort out some 100LL then il probably can run it without a "hiccup".
Cheers!

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
At this time seems like i was able to eliminate 99.9 percent of the throttle chop and back into it bog I had. I've been riding in Wy at 7000 to 10000 ft. I lightened the weights to 76gr put in a 180/300 sec spring an geared it down to 2.37 also running helix on 42/46. The 3" track must have been loading it a little to much. It runs very good and love the AFR s running nearly all the time in the twelves, it pulls hard. Oh ya ran it at 9 to 10# boost with maybe 2 gallons of av gas mixed with prem

Thought I'd put somewhat of a yr end report out on my Silber turbo. After the changes stated above, rode the rest of the yr with no throttle chop bog at all. Had a richness show up a little after a very long wide open pull. Justin sent out a different ECU with new mapping that has taken care of 95 to 98% of that. ( better rich than lean when wide open for extended time ) So after 12 or 13 rides and just over 750 miles in 6 different states and Canada, with temps ranging from below 0 to about 40 degrees, snow depths from 6" to over 3' and elevations ranging from 2,000' to 10,628'...I'd say the Silber turbo Beast has proved to be more than just reliable. It ran every day and ran very well, what a blast.-----Thks Justin

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Thank u for the positive feedback... It's always good to hear professional reviews!! I think there is some neat stuff from Silber coming next year!

Premium Features