• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Using a LinkG4 atom? T-Pro

S
Jan 17, 2010
Been trying to learn about some of the ECM stuff, vipec 44's 88's etc I wondered if anyone would know if you could run the LinkG4 Atom4 on sled. But seems as though it would fill a price niche. Maybe I'm not seeing the obvious no way. Entertain me if any would know. thanks.

This would be on a pro800 turbo. Run the atom4 with the real time display

Last edited:
S
Jan 17, 2010
Right, vipec uses the 44. And you just plug and play. They set them up per application etc. I not trying to start a Vipec is bad thread.
I just wondered since the Vipec runs 1700-2200$ and the lesser g4 is around 900ish and to me seem like it would work great and do some the same? I'll be quite and listen more.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
Right, vipec uses the 44. And you just plug and play. They set them up per application etc. I not trying to start a Vipec is bad thread.
I just wondered since the Vipec runs 1700-2200$ and the lesser g4 is around 900ish and to me seem like it would work great and do some the same? I'll be quite and listen more.

Im no expert but they did alot of R&D on the Vipec to make it work with the weak voltage 2strokes have and also the batteryless efi. You cant make the G4 Atom work in the same way. Also the plugnplay harness and alot of the features they have in it isnt easy to setup.

D
Nov 14, 2013

Unless you were considering starting a market for a product like that, I can't imagine the amount of time (mostly time,) and money it would take to prep it for the masses. Nothing wrong with a little competition but the Vipec starts to look cheap!

From what I can tell you can easily hook up a real time display to the vipec if desired.

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Link and Vi-pec are under the same roof: Electronz, sharing the same software but link simply decompile the software just like Motec does and sells optionnal module like knock control, antilag, launch control, lambda, drive by wire etc. Vi-pec is the hi-end stuff from Electronz with fully open software features. Now Vi-pec powersports has developped in cooperation with Electronz the batteryless injection top board wich is a complete different technology (top board) than the i44 and i88, link G4, atom etc. An Atom cannot drive a 2 stroke batteryless injection system since the Atom top board doesn't have a built-in CDI to drive the batteryless ignition...this is the shortess explanation why an Atom won't work, bit there is several other reasons but I will stop here...hope it helped.

Vi-pec Powersports

Premium Features