• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Digital Gauge Cluster Dies Off

B
Sep 21, 2004
I have a 2007 carb 600 HO. Running an electric fuel pump commanded on after a certain boost pressure is reached and oil pump for turbo continuous duty. All factory lighting in place besides taillight.... Pigtail just unplugged. LED lighting on two Autometer gauges are being run off the red/blk 12v lead by steering post. Oil pump and fuel pump off the yellow wire from lighting coil then inverted at a diode trio to convert to DC fed to a capacitor and then off to load side of both pumps.

When I'm sitting at idle everything is up. If I rev the RPM's up, factory display gets brighter then fades. Opposite of what you would think. Keep in mind fuel pump is not drawing amps at this point. If I start to ride and come up on boost, guage fades then goes blank, oil pump, lighting and fuel pump stay running.
Return to idle and gauge display returns.

So it appears circuit maintains voltage requirements as the high load stuff stays operable but the gauge goes dead. Any thoughts? Possible that not having a taillight pugged in is an issue. It's wired in series parallel so it shouldn't be a contributor IMO.

Last edited:
Premium Features