• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want to install Aux BAttery for Turbo needs

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Want to install a battery on my 11 Pro to power the turbo EBC, AFR, and Oil Pump. What is the best way to do this, should I use the Polaris Electric Start Harness or can I just tap into some wires?

DC-SDI

Won't be used for starting so what is a good lightweight battery, and where did you mount it?

Thanks

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
There is a long thread about this in the pro-ride section. Do a search.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Electric start harness, (unless you wanna cut into stock harness)
Cirkit Boss Fuse Block
Then a battery of your choice. Don't go too small because it wont run it all but don't have to go huge either. My choice would be an antigravity battery as there lightweight.

B
Sep 21, 2004
Thanks for the direction I will check it out as I'm curious too. Not trying to sound rude or be negative. But a search for a turbo related inquiry in the PRO section would be unlikely place for most to look. Unless I'm missing something.

There is a long thread about this in the pro-ride section. Do a search.

R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
Will an Aux Battery help take some of the load off the charging system. My sled does not have a battery and I have had some electrical problems. My Sled has ate two fuel pumps and a stator. ???

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Will an Aux Battery help take some of the load off the charging system. My sled does not have a battery and I have had some electrical problems. My Sled has ate two fuel pumps and a stator. ???

Thats the theory. But on the flip side of that there are 100's of turbo pro outs there running afr's and turbo oil pumps without battery's and they don't seem to have any issue. I'm in the club as well too. I was running an aux battery for a season, I took it off cause I really didn't see a difference. My plan is to just get a oilless turbo. That solves 2 problems. Thats my reccomendation.

A
Dec 19, 2011
plumb it into the premix system. works great as turbo lube. I would just copy what mtntk did, instead of injecting into the cases. plub it to inject into the turbo intake stream. it gets chopped up into a fine mist and enters the motor via the reeds. Engine would last a hell of alot longer than it would the other way around. and it works perfect as turbo lube as well. No more oil tank or pump or lines etc.

Premium Features