• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M rite support advice

D
Apr 17, 2016
Hey guys. I know this has been covered a millon times I'm sure but they say a pictures worth a thousand words and I'd like some insight about my sled.
image.jpg
Will the m rite save me? I see no other cracks,coolent leaks etc. just that one but it is all the way across the bracket... Please let me know what you all think. Especially people who own or have owned this sled/ chassis . Thanks in advance....

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
M rite should fix you up just fine. I installed one on my 09 last summer preemptively and it works great.

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
It would be nice to have that welded before putting an M-rite on it, but if that is not an option the M-rite should work for you. It really helps support the whole handle bar/steering shaft section of the sled. When I did mine, some of the bolts for the factory hoop were loose and just made it feel like a pile of junk. Rock solid now.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If that crack concerns u, then use some poo goo(lords adhesive) when u put on the M rite support. The Mseries should have came with the M rite support from the factory!

GS6

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
If that crack concerns u, then use some poo goo(lords adhesive) when u put on the M rite support. The Mseries should have came with the M rite support from the factory!

GS6

Tru dat!

You will love the poo glue until you must remove it for whatever reason. Then you will hate it!!! But that shît does work!!!

D
Apr 17, 2016
I was thinking jb weld or similar if I can find out if it works for aluminum.. But tell me more about this glue (poo glue) lol. Thanks to all for the replays. And if I don't weld it I should be fine. And what about that loose piece when I drill out the rivets? Leave it in loose and sandwich it between the m rite as its milled out for it to be there?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I can't remember which one is poo goo. I think its 406? It's removable with a small torch at 400°f.
I would leave that broken tab where it belongs to fit the M rite.

LORD® 406 Acrylic Adhesive | LORD Corp
http://www.lord.com/products-and-solutions/adhesives/lord-406-acrylic-adhesive

I used the poo goo to hold a piece of aluminum plate over and down my heat exchange to fix mine. I didn't have time to order the M rite.

Last edited:
D
Apr 17, 2016
Any of you guys buy the m rite? I ordered about 5 days ago and still have not received a confermation email about my Order or shipping details. I have also called the service numbers listed on xxxmodrods.com and left voicemails and have yet to get a response by phone or email. I did speak with someone the morning of the day I placed order and everything sounded good? Will it just show up one day? I just find it strange that I have not heard anything? I have seen many positive reveiws so I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble reaching them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

D
Apr 17, 2016
Just an update on mod rods brace will be here tomorrow. They had a paypal screw up and received my order late I guess. All is good now so we will see how it works out for me. Thanks to all for the replays.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We have installed this bracket on many sleds that were worse than this and have had no issues. I don't see the benefits of gluing it. I have not done it, so I don't know, but with no repeat failures I know you will be fine.

Premium Features